Monday, December 01, 2008

Playing the single parent game

So I am not a single parent but I will be playing one this week. Lee Joe left this morning. Another one of those weekends where he tries to tell me he is leaving everyday for like 3 days. He is leaving Friday-no-he is leaving after sacrament on Sunday-maybe he will leave later Monday-no Monday morning. He DID go this morning and may be back Wednesday night(?) We will see. I work for the next 3 days. I spent today trying to enjoy the freedom of no kids with transportation. Amber and I are tag teaming the kid wrangling. It will be busy tomorrow. And Wednesday is what it is. Oh well. I have Friday to live it up one more day if I am not hammered. Guess what? It is suppose to rain tomorrow morning. Hooray for me. See me waving a teenie tiny flag with faux enthusiasm. It's all a part of the job. At least we are not in Texas-I am trying to look at the bright side.

Of course, It is winter, the yellow jackets should be in hibernation.. I hate yellow jackets since I was stung by one at Devanie's wedding under the eye and my face was so swollen the next day I had to go to the ER. EWWW-I hate them! There was the biggest queen yellow jacket I have ever seen in my house this morning. It was so loud as it buzzed around the hall light. I think I handled the mouse a little better than the yellow jacket. I went to get some spray-I closed all the doors in the upstairs hallway and hid in Amber's room while I waited and peeked every few minutes to see if the spray was doing it's job. Once it was writhing on the ground I had to squish it several times before it stopped moving. It's body had to be over an inch long. I was not stung and I hope to wake up in the morning tomorrow in a pest free house. I guess I am not the only one having unwelcome visitors. My mom was telling me how my brother Matt found something-some kind of big rodent in their garage that was not a rat. He chased it around and tried to kill it by stomping on it's head. But it didn't die. He started to feel bad for the thing they did not know what it was and put it in a pet carrier and had it out on the back porch. When my mom got up Matt had brought the carrier in the house and turned a space heater on low for it. OK so being a tender hearted animal lover is genetic it doesn't matter how ugly or how much of a nuisance it proves to be. My mom was researching what they thought it might be and they think it could be a blind mole rat. I have never seen one before. I am glad it wasn't at my house this time. I will stop complaining about killing the yellow jacket now. The yellow jacket is a bug and not an animal so I can kill that without remorse.

No comments: