Monday, December 15, 2008

Freaking cold

I want you to know that we have NOT seen 0 degree temps in years. And lows below 20 don't happen that often either. Well here it is and I get to spend almost 3 hours out in it everyday just wandering and yelling at kids to stop sliding on the ice, sending them to the nurse when they fall and to stop throwing snow balls at least 100 times every 15 minutes. What a kill joy I am, but there are rules I didn't make that we must follow. And yet you would think that is enough to keep warm? No not really. It snowed and snowed this afternoon. But it was a very pretty snow fall. The 0 degree low is not expected until Saturday but it is still going to be stinking cold all week. I can't believe it is only Monday.

I am not ready for Christmas. I think there may be 5 presents under the tree. I have yet to wrap one myself. It is too close and I don't have enough time!! ugh. I wanted to make some fudge tonight but besides being too tired, I had piles of laundry calling my name. I would like to find clothes a little easier in the morning.

I wish I had time to mess with the computer to show you pictures.

3 comments:

Janika said...

It's so cold in Idaho, you can feel it in Texas. Saturday and Sunday were windy, but it was warm enough that they didn't need jackets. It was nice. THEN Monday morning came. The temperature drop was sudden and extreme. Today it is even colder. I hung a wet towel on my back door doorknob and a chunk of it froze--IN TEXAS.

This global warming is killing us. *extreme sarcasm*

Kim and family said...

Haha--My left ear is a little frostbit from 30 minutes outside.

Anonymous said...

Its damn cold here too. BTW what do you guys want for christmas? I mean a couple of days after christmas now.