Monday, December 22, 2008

Baking-baking

Apparantly, according to my children as of lately, I only bake during Thanksgiving and Christmas. That could be true. I do bake the occasional batch of cookies, cake or batch of brownies. But I do a much bigger variety this time of year. So I am trying to get in the swing of it today. I have started with my favorite toffee cookies and will be making sugar cookies shortly. I found a recipe on Kraft.com that makes them with cream cheese. They stay soft and are really good sugar cookies. So they are chillin' right now. I made fudge for the kids to give to teachers. Muddy buddies are another favorite. We will see how full of gusto I get on the rest of this.

We were wondering if we would REALLY get up to a foot of snow. I think we got about 3 inches at the most but it rained last night before it snowed so it ruined the beautiful snow it could have been and made it dangerous to drive this morning. Lee Joe was called at midnight for snow removal this morning and got home around 8am. I cancelled a drs appt I had this morning because I didn't want to try the roads. It is sunny and super sloppy out there. I don't know where all this snow is going that they keep saying is going to fall.

Lee Joe took the 3 little girls sledding yesterday for hours and the two oldest are sledding today with their buddies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're weather report sounds like it could have come from the Reno weather man. Ours has been almost the exact same. BTW I'm accepting cookies as repayment for the sweet christmas gift I sent you guys.
;-)