Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's almost time!!

Christmas is here whether I am ready or not. I am not. Kind of, but all the loose ends are still loose. So I hope to get motivated and take care of business. I got hit with a cold/flu thing yesterday. It was bad enough in the evening I couldn't finish baking cookies. Kelsea helped me finish the last rounds of cookies last night. The little girls decorated their sugar cookies they cut out. And MAN there is a mountain of cookies to give away. Lee Joe is going to get lost with the kids today so I can take care of what is left.

We have had some snow finally but that has made some miserable driving. Someone almost ran over the stop sign by my neighbors yard night. They said that the snow was suppose to go around us. So mother nature said HAHA and hit us finally with about 4 inches. Now they say it is suppose to snow today and tomorrow. We will see what Mother nature says about that.

Lee Joe has been making something for me for the past two days. He moved snow a couple of night ago and was gone all night and then he went to a friends house and was gone until really late that night and he was gone until 3 last night but he says he is almost done. Hopefully I will get my software figured out soon to get pictures up again. Oh and I need to get all my stuff that needs to mailed out. I am behind there too.

I had a funny dream this morning that I was working at the school and I asked the gal that I work with if we were really gone two weeks because I couldn't remember any of it of even Christmas and it went by so fast. I was really relieved when I woke up and realized we haven't been through the first week yet. Then I had to laugh once I was relieved.

Hannah was in my room bright and early this morning. She asked at 9 am if she could put cookies on a plate for Santa and then all day she asked to open a present. Once we did she was able to open a 2nd a present and it was opened so fast I missed it. It is so fun to see her so excited but she was about bouncing off the walls. She was making Kool-aid and spilled sugar and the Kool-aid on the floor and didn't stir it in her excitement to wrap presents with her sisters. So funny. We have enjoyed her enthusiasm all day and she was over tired by bedtime.

We finally went to look at Christmas lights. We dropped off some things to a couple of people we know anonymously. It has snowed and snowed. We have been watching it snow this evening. It is so pretty. I brought Kelsea upstairs and had her look out the window and told her about what I did to my mom one Christmas when I was 6 or 7 in Denver. Hannah's age. I looked out the window to see if it was morning. The Sky was glowing like it was daylight. But it snowed a bunch and it was the snow glow. But I didn't know so I tried to wake my mom up and she said she was getting up but couldn't get up. I woke my sister up and we opened everything and I showed my mom everything and she kind of acknowleged it but couldn't wake up. It was really 3 or4 in the morning. My mom missed it and I finally realized somehow that it was still night. We played with our stuff for a bit and then went back to bed. It was a really nice Christmas though, I remember that.

No comments: