Monday, December 08, 2008

The real thing

I am so tired but I have access to my computer for a few minutes without a fight. I had my first day for the rest of whenever, at my job. The secretary was gone and we had a sub but since I know plenty in the office I got to stay in all day. The reward-endless kids in the nurses office and phone calls all morning. It got a little silly for a bit. Even one of the kids remarked how nonstop the traffic was. I kept trying to rename the kids in the nurses office. I took my headache medicine today. It helped but I was a real air head at times. At 1:30 we had a nurse and everything calmed down. We ended the day with an abandoned kindergartener. I could not reach anyone at the 2 numbers we had for him and I tried to find any other connections I could. At almost 4:30 I got someone. School gets out at 3:15. I am suppose to be off at 4. The principal stayed with him and I left at 4:30. I told myself at one point that I get to be there everyday from now on. OK.

The girls had an honor choir concert. We had a missing shirt. I found it and she got it in time. Now I should go away from this computer because i am terribly boring right now. It is not even 8 yet.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Having a job is such a mixed blessing.