Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas Post

The snow was so pretty Christmas night and sometime during the night it turned into rain and all the pretty new snow was gone. But snowed some more during the day.

We had a nice Christmas. But like at Thanksgiving we are really feeling the absence of my sister and her family. It is just nowhere near the same. My mom came over later Christmas day. We didn't go to her house Christmas eve like we have every year lately to get together. She left soon after coming over because the roads were becoming horrible. So I am kind of sad. But we relaxed all day. I am still fighting something and Kelsea and Lee Joe might have had a little of it too so it took me most of the day to get around to pie making and putting a ham in the oven. We had a small dinner with just us.

But the kids have had their annual day of fun. Everyone was up at 7:30. Kylee woke people up with silly string. We got a couple Wii games. Of course the latest Guitar Hero was one and Kelsea was on that first thing. And we got Wii Music. That one is funny to watch Hannah play. Between gifts from my mom and some Santa's "helpers" we have an enormous pile of new movies to watch. The three little girls got cheap cameras and unfortunately they are a terrible disappointment. My 2 cast off cameras that I let the older girls use are still a much better option. So Kylee and Autumn will inherit those now I guess.

I got 3 necklaces from the little girls and a nice sapphire necklace from Lee Joe. I got some scrapbooking paper and a roll of rolos in one package. That was kind of funny. Kelsea got me a really nice long black soft scarf. Lee Joe's several day and late night project for me was a wooden scrapbook. It is beautiful. I gave him an P-38 handmade wooden plane. We thought the exchange of wooden gifts was funny and he got his yearly airplane book and a DVD of the Olympic opening ceremony that he missed while he was in California this summer. He loved that.

Thanks to Thomas we will be going to a movie sometime during vacation. Thank you!

That was our Christmas.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Our Christmas was pretty laid back this year too. It is still a special day. I mean, it has to be if Wal-mart is closed for the whole of it, right?