Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow day?

It is really funny when the employees at the school want a snow day. They were worse than the kids in wishing. Some teachers and the secretary were wishing hard and want one for tomorrow. It was suppose to snow like crazy tonight. It was suppose to start at 6 and it hasn't yet. But some teachers said that when we got the snow day we had last year some teachers at another school all slept with spoons under their pillows. And we got a snow day. So a bunch of teacher and staff want one. But some would hate to see the kids miss their Christmas parties. So for those people who wanted one they were encouraged to sleep with a spoon under their pillow and to wear their pajamas inside out.

I am reaping the benefits of working at the school. I brought home banana bread yesterday and some candy. Today I got a loaf of pumpkin bread and a box of chocolate mints and a scratch card and several Christmas cards. The high school sponsored a bunch of families at the school and it was the coolest thing to watch a bunch of high school kids bring in bags and bags of gifts and see an office full of Christmas gifts for families at the school.

I think I might be done shopping. I have a smidgen left. Yay!

I heard the cutest thing ever yesterday. It was at the store and not at the school. A little girl realized the disney princesses on a game were the same as the ones on her boots and then she started singing a song that sounded like "Jingle Bells" but it was "Tinker Bells" I couldn't stop laughing.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Spoon under the pillow? That doesn't make sense. You're supposed to hang it above your pillow like mistletoe. The metal encourages condensation. I thought these people were educators. The trouble is, it only rains on your pillow.