Saturday, November 01, 2008

Whoops

I went to the bread store today and wrote a check. She asked for my drivers license and I happily handed it to her. I watched her write the expiration date down and thought it was strange-2008? It is 2008. I have not looked at the date on my license and took any mental notes that it would expire this year. I have been driving for a month without-- umm, you know. I called Lee Joe and told him what I just noticed. He looked at his since I brought it up. Umm-him too but several months longer than me. What is worse is while Lee Joe was gone in California the nasty emission noticed arrived and before he got back they revoked the registration. We passed the emission test, Lee Joe tried to tell me that it automatically gets reinstated, I reread the notice-no it doesn't. And our van wouldn't pass emissions because a sensor is telling it to not pass and it is just a faulty sensor not a real car problem. We can't pay to fix it right now. I won't even go into the work truck's issues. So by the time we get done here nobody and no car is legal except for Amber. Pretty sorry. I think I will be spending a very long morning at the DMV this week.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Legal schmeegal. We don't bother with those details around here.