Thursday, November 06, 2008

I hurt

One benefit of the antibiotics I am taking is my adult acne is clearing up. It has been horrible and it much better right now. I am not sure if it's a side effect of the medicine I am taking or if Amber and Kelsea and I have something but my lower back all the way down my legs hurt with muscle pain and pain relievers don't help. And that is listed as a side effect of the prednisone. But I am not excessively hungry-yet or hyper. But I am still up but that is because my computer is so slammed with a nasty virus that I am still trying to fix it. I was up until 2:30 last night and started working on it at 7 or 8 this morning, went shopping for some new software this afternoon and have been running new virus scans all afternoon and internet explorer keeps throwing crap up over and over and have to exit all the dumb screens when the computer isn't supervised right now. I wish I knew more about computers to know more what to do. It's awful. But the little girls are home tomorrow so I don't have to get up real early Thursday or Friday. I love days off for that reason.


I visited with 14 teachers from 4:45 till after 8 tonight. I had some good reports. Hannah is grasping everything put in front of her. Kylee and Autumn have great grades-all A's and one B but both need to work on their math facts, their reading fluency-they are both just below grade level on that. And they need to get things in on time better. But Kylee is quiet and Autumn perfectionistic to ridiculous and they are starting to see her sparky sassy side. We are seeing a lot of the sassy that is not so much fun at home. When teachers have Kylee and then Autumn they find it interesting how opposite they are in personality but their problems are the same. Amber had 2 Bs and they were in AP classes and they are weighted. Amber's teachers had nice things to say. She is so funny. Everytime I come home from teacher visits she wants to know everything her teachers said about her. Kelsea doesn't care as much. Her grades are all over the place but the lowest grades were C's not D's which were on her progress report so she is getting them up slowly. She has great teachers with genuine concern for her so that is great for her. Her C's are in hard classes so I know she is trying hard and she will get there. We have never been hard on the kids for low grades. We work hard at finding out how they can do better.

It's late, I am bored, frustrated and full of blabbiness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

14 teachers! YIKES!

Your kids are all great! Good or bad grades. We know they are all good at many different things and being well rounded is what will really matter after the graduate and move out.

The Woodward Family said...

Sure hope you start feeling better soon! How long do you have to be on the prednisone?