Friday, November 14, 2008

I am so indecisive!!

I wish I was not so indecisive. It takes me so long to make decisions. I am probably going to apply for a full-time position at the school tonight. I have to do it online. There is tons of interest in it but I do that job all the time and had the job once before for a month then school got out. The principal and the gal I work with in the office like me. I have a pretty high chance of getting it. But nothing for sure yet. I subbed for it yesterday and today. SOOOOO----What sucks- I will be outside early in the morning at the crosswalk. I got rained on yesterday. Some nice lady stopped and offered me an umbrella. How nice was that? This morning my butt and nose were frozen. I am outside for 45 minutes at around 10 and then again at lunch--it is about an hour and a half. Then I am in the office for the rest of the day until 3:15 and then I get to fight high school kids and old people so I can get the kids across the street safely at the stoplight. People run the thing all the time. I hate the crosswalk the most. The rest is fine. I would start the beginning of December. Just in time for the yucky weather. Right now my sinus issues are OK but I am still on antibiotics and feel like the pillsbury dough boy with all the swelling I am dealing with the last 2 days. But my head doesn't hurt and I have not sneezed in days. I would get benefits--that is cool--and some cool benefits teachers are offered at the school. I would only get paid once a month though and on full days of school I would only make 5 dollars more than a day of subbing. But I would be home when my kids are home and my hours are just a little longer than their school day. I really like all the people there. The pros and cons almost weigh evenly. Another bad thing would be I have no resource on days when the kids are sick. Lee Joe is pursuing a job that is crazy good money but we have no answers yet if that is possible. Lee Joe is still looking at leaving town for the winter. That depends on a bunch of things. So I would be working full-time as an almost single parent scenario with 5 kids. Last time I did that job I was sick every weekend from the stress. My mouth was horribly sore and I couldn't eat and needed a ridiculous amount of sleep the worse my mouth was in order to recover. Is it just me or is there a lot to consider for this job? Health over money-but for good health you need the job to have the insurance and the money to pay the doctor so you can get better. But will the job make me sicker to require more doctor visits than I would have needed if I just stayed home? So here I sit. Do I or don't I?.................I applied Sat morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are stressing yourself out about it more than you need to. If the job is that bad - or you will feel that badly with the job - the question is really how badly do you need the income? If you don't need it, don't take the job. If you do...

Love you,

Liss

Kim and family said...

I am good at the stressing part and I can't determine which way is up but I am leaning more and more at going for it. I will decide Sat morning. The job ends it's posting on Monday. Now is going between the what "I need" And what "I want" and I need to stop being a chicken when it comes to new situations because I always do just fine.