Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dreary

It is so dreary. But it has been snowing. Poor Devanie. Lee Joe has been telling her she is coming. Lee Joe is going down there to work and his departure day keeps getting moved. He was leaving Sunday, then later Monday, then Thursday, he was leaving later today and now he is leaving Monday afternoon and will be back for Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving weekend he may go back but we should not hold our breathe on any of this. It is good thing he is not leaving today because I am sure Snowville(or whatever that snowy place is called between here and Salt Lake) is a mess on the way there. He hasn't worked much the past two weeks.

Lee Joe found a 1930's a Lionel and American flyer train parts with tons of track and other stuff at an estate sale a couple houses down this weekend. He was so excited about it. Mainly because he can make some money off it- he thinks. I have old trains and new trains all over my living room. Who knows what he thinks he is doing. We have lots of neighbors in our neighborhood that bought their houses when they were new in the 50s. One of them is a former military pilot for the Korean war I think. But now they are all passing away or going to homes so this estate sale sounds like an antique treasure trove. But I am not really into antiques so I have no problems. Lee Joe on the other hand. Well---he is into stuff. Very random and sometimes impulsive.

Kelsea had a follow up on her ankle. It is not broken-YAY but they are treating it like a sprain and she has more physical therapy to do in it. I am not too sure about her diagnoses on her rib. We may be going back on that. She can't lay on her stomach without pain. That is not good.

This has been a really long and drawn out day. It is 4 and feels like it should be much later. I have been doing laundry and some cleaning. Hannah called 4 friends to come over and none of them could. Kylee has a friend over and all the little girls are playing together and Amber is spending a little time right now with the boyfriend that is not her boyfriend and some other friends. Kelsea is back at the estate sale with Lee Joe. Hopefully she won't let him spend any more money.

2 comments:

Janika said...

LeeJoe and I have very fond memories of playing with those train sets when we were very young. My mom sold the ones my dad had that were his when he was a small boy.He has found a treasure on many levels. Let it run its course, and if he never wants to sell them, and they are stuffed in a corner in the garage forever, let it be.

Kim and family said...

That is why I said he could get them even though we have no money for it really. Over $300 -eek. I have never seen him so excited. I know he has a real soft spot for lionel trains in particular. It is up to him what he really wants to do with it all. I won't force him into parting with it unless he wants to.

I got him the new set last year. The kids are still playing with the new train in the living room today. The enormous box with the old stuff is still in my living room taking up the other half. I will have to post pictures for you.