Thursday, October 02, 2008

Cute pic


Amber's friend had this pic and I had to get it. 3 girls as drum majors this year and Amber is the lead one. I missed the day that Amber debuted their skirts for band. Lee Joe's finger happened that night. Super cute anyway. She is leaving tomorrow for their first band competition of the season. Her band teacher had a super note to her on her progress report on how well she is doing. They are more ahead in getting ready then they have ever been. We kind of feel a little cheated though because there has only been 2 football games to watch them(I missed one) and one of their competitions they had to cancel because of other conflicts. Oh well. I haven't seen them much at all. Hopefully they do well. Last year they did well and this year they have the potential to do even better.

I had a nice birthday. My grandfather called me in the morning. I did Olive Garden take out for lunch. Yum. We live so close to Olive Garden I can do that. My mom had some flowers sent to me. They are so pretty that I need to post pictures of them later. And Lee Joe came home with more flowers. Lee Joe bar-b-qued dinner. The kids and Lee Joe gave me stereo I can plug my ipod into. It is a very nice one. And we had chocolate cake and my mom brought cheesecake too. So it was nice. I had lots of phone calls wishing me happy birthday. So I had one of the better birthdays I have had in a long time. But I still miss my sister.

It feels like fall. The leaves are falling already off our tree in front. It falls on a calendar schedule and not due to cold. But it rained a little today and is cooling off. I am ready for fall and to be done mowing the yard. I tried to work on the yard yesterday and had an allergy attack in like 5 minutes so I came back in. The kids are out of school today and tomorrow so we are hanging out and catching up on sleep. The last two weeks have been brutal on us all.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I didn't even check your blog on your birthday. Sorry I missed. Glad you survived without me. I had a pretty bad birthday this year. Mike says he will make it up to me. We'll see.