Saturday, October 04, 2008

Hey

All you silly people that got me hooked on blogging are not out there. Sheesh. So I will blog anyway as I sit here waiting to hear from my oldest daughter as she is away in Kennewick Wahington at a band competition. All I know is they made finals!! WOO HOO. It has been a long time since they have done if they have done it ever. It is 11:30 here and 10:30 there and I still don't know a thing. I am going nuts.

We got a little worried about the homecoming thing. Amber was asked by another boy Thursday evening and she became concerned because she knew something was up with the you know who boy. She was so confused Thursday night. She told the new asking boy she wasn't sure because she knew something was up with you know who. SO Friday morning the new asking boy(who is very manly really, one of those with some crazy facial hair in high school but he shaves most of the time) so anyway he tells her he asked someone else so she doesn't have to decide-or some such thing. Rumor was flying you know who had something planned maybe on the bus. Didn't happen then I heard rumor it was giong to happen in their motel room while they were at the mall. Didn't happen. We hear he chickened out. She is a little concerned and so am I that he isn't going to do it. Her 3 best buddies all have dates. She was asked by someone else-that opportunity left and now what? He has had some courage issues here lately. We are surprised he is even asking her right now anyway. He wouldn't speak to her all summer and has been a stinker to her for awhile. But at after 10 last night I get a call saying he did it. He sprayed silly string all over the room and there was a note with a belt with music notes on it for her-she loved that- and a harmonica. Not sure about what the harmonica means. So he came through. And I still don't know what happened at the big competition even after writing all that.

PHONE CALL Now I have the word. They got best winds and brass. They took 3rd in their division. But they don't know how many bands were in their division. They took 11th overall. It has been at least 7 years since they have made the finals in this competition. There are bands from all over the northwest there. And I guess this has never happened to the band director that they have done this well before. She will be home, oh maybe sometime around 5:30 am.

Speaking of early. The little girls choir teacher thought it would be exciting(not) to have a really early morning performance today. So at 6:30 am Kylee and Autumn left to sing at a hotel. They were home before 8 am. Thankfully a mom wanted to drive them down there so we didn't have to. But it was still stupid for something that short. If we were not part of that irritating car pool I told you about we would not have done it. Then to make things more interesting. This is a little of my own fault for procrastinating. My three oldest were suppose to make a quilt for a YW conference coming up in two weeks. We have known about it a long time and we got our quilt stuff over the summer. They are suppose to be done before next Saturday I think. Our quilt came from the humanitarian center. I have never made one of their quilts before. Amber sewed on it a little before her trip. Kylee sewed some today and Kelsea ironed. Then I sewed a bunch so we could get it to the quilt tying thing tonight. Ours wasn't done and I got stuck on the back. Two pieces of fabric that didn't fit the back. We had problems and thankfully there was someone at the church that could help us out. Kelsea did the rest of the sewing that needed to be done at the church. It didn't get tied but it is together. It will get tied on Weds. But we still need to finish a few things on it. So that is how I spent conference Saturday.
Kelsea and I have been pretty listless, tired and ill for most of our 4 day weekend. I am quite grumbly. Oh well. Would somebody please post something new to read out there!

7 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I agree with you, what happened to all the bloggers? It's you and me baby! Yay for Amber on both events!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree with Dove... YAY for Amber!!! :)

Wow, maybe I missed something but that was a bit harsh on the comment there Devanie. Hope you're doing okay.

Kim - I need to comment more, but I check your blog daily now. I miss you all. Give everyone a hug and kiss from us. Love you.

Liss

Kim and family said...

At least my sister loves me. Shesh.

I remember when Devanie use to enjoy blogging. It's not like I was really trying to chastise anybody really. If you really KNEW me you would know when I really had something to say. I have never been insulting about what I think of your life Devanie. I don't do that. Somebody is more grumbly than me.

The Woodward Family said...

I could hear Devanie laughing in her comment...But I couldn't keep up with her busy life (see my post today)...my little bit of crazy with 3 kids gives me migranines, so much more would probably put me in the hospital or worse...and I'm so not a sales person, I would be miserable. At least we have each other, Kim!!! :)

Kim and family said...

Thanks Dove!

Unknown said...

I didn't mean to sound harsh.

We all need an "Out" and for a LONG time my out was my blog. so I totally understand the need to have something to be proud of. And you should all be proud of your family journals. I'm so glad I have mine. But the reason I am one of the "All you silly people that got me hooked on blogging are not out there. Sheesh. " Is because I'm taking a moment to do a few other things. I am blogging. well, I have blogged 2 blogs since the last. I'm not at all trying to make anyone upset. Dove and Kim I love you both dearly. I'm glad you are blogging. I love reading blogs. Sorry I dissapeared. I'll happily delete the comment that made you upset Kim.

One of the reasons my hubby doesn't likt the blog world is that the comments can be taken out of text and peopel get frustrated over them as though they are a personal attack. I've been through it only to find out just this, no one is trying to attack anyoen unless they are on a religious debate board or political board and even them it's just diferences of opionions.

Love you too much to tell you! really TOO MUCH! I miss you and want you guys to stop over for a weekend. I think about it all the time. it would be really nice to hang out sicne we are only 4 hrs apart.