Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I was tagged

This took some thought for me. I am suppose to post 5 quirky things about myself. I am always quirky and odd so it is natural and hard to figure out what to pick.

1. I like toys. Having girls just feeds this quirk to the hilt. Yes, my kids have lots of toys. I am just as guilty going through the toy aisle with my kids saying how cute things are. And sometimes those things do not stay in the store. I still have a Rubbermaid container that has some of my dolls and stuffed animals when I was little. And my kids do not get to play with those. I just wish, in my house, the toys would get cleaned up though. I am the worst at getting rid of stuff. Toy Story was almost like my little world when I was little. That movie didn't help getting rid of anything any easier. I have a crazy vivid imagination.

2. I like color in my house and I think I could possibly be addicted to painting. Not the fumes, just the results. I have painted several rooms or walls in my house around 3 times in the past 9 years. But I think I am content now with many of my color choices. I get excited when we are going to change rooms because that might mean new colors. I am contemplating a color change on my kitchen walls and in my upstairs bathroom again. I should probably finish the kitchen and the trim first though.

3. I like really super soft things like blankets. I have blankets all over the house. I REALLY like those REALLY super soft fleece blankets. All my kids have one, maybe 2. When I touch them in the store they cause an instant super relaxation response in me. Probably all the kids would have to do if I scream at them is to throw one of those super soft blankets on me and I would probably turn into a puddle on the floor. SHH don't tell them or they will take advantage of me. When the blanket is not super soft anymore I have to go get a new one. I bought two coats because they had that super soft lining in them. I like my new bedspread because it is like a sort of suede feel but softer and boy can I relax on that. Kind of silly huh?

4. This a peeve and something quirky. Little kids that have dirty ears drive me nuts. You can see a lot of those when you work at a school. I know you are not suppose to use q-tips according to DR. OZ but I just want to attack kids with dirty ears with one. But I don't. When I am in the nurses office and have access to them I still don't but don't look at me too closely I could be eyeballing those q-tips while I am there and think "I could..."

5. If I could change this one I would but I think this might be a curse. Cars like to break down on me. I don't know what I ever did to insult cars but the older they are, the more they break. Lately you have heard about my left blinker, tempermental head lights and right now the car won't pass emission testing because of the check engine light. My first car lost it's timing chain. I bought another car to fix my first car and the clutch went out. I got the engine in my car and then it was never the same again. I didn't have a heater in the middle of winter. The next car we bought for me would stall out all over town. That happened all the time until we figured out what was wrong(a ridiculous gas cap issue) then we went through battery, starter, alternator, battery starter alternator. Then when I borrowed my mom's car while my car was broken something happened the suspension came apart by one of the wheels. I touched Darren and Carrie's window while we were fixing our car that had another stupid problem and their window wouldn't roll up after that. I was really feeling cursed at that point. Our other van had issues with the power steering pump and I don't remember how it broke down this one day on the freeway but that was the "I had it" day where I bought me a cell phone. This van I have now has been nicer to me, oh wait, the battery died on my trip to Connecticut the first week I had it and the transmission blew up on the way home from another. I guess I will take stupid on again off again blinkers over some of the other stuff.

Now you know more than I wanted you to know about me.

Consider yourself tagged if you haven't done this yet since half my readers, or at least linked bloggers already have.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Yeah, paint fumes. Wood stripper mmm. Verathane, woo! LOL

Do you put your microfleece in the dryer? I don't know, but my theory is that if you use liquid fabric softener and do not machine dry them, the maintain more of their integrity. I developed that theory because of crappy old style fleece.