Thursday, October 09, 2008

miserable

I hate this stupid sinus thing. I had a headache all afternoon yesterday. I was working and had a basketball game and YW. Then the wonderful thing stuck around most of the day today until I had to pick kids up and take them around. Thank goodness it was gone by then. Thank goodness my afternoon was not bad at the school yesterday too. I NEED to see an ENT but I can't yet so it is frustrating and things are getting worse and happening anytime I spend anytime outdoors. I got some laundry done and some dust bunnies off the floors. And the quilt. Not much.

But Our good and happy news in the house that really means nothing to everyone else is we got our quilt done!! The one we knew about for months and didn't work on until conference weekend. I finished hemming it Monday night. We tied it last night at YW and today I fixed all the messed up knots and trimmed it and fixed a hole and it is off to be shown at Stake conference this weekend. All the Young women in Boise were asked to make a quilt to be given the General YW president when she comes on the 18th. There are at least 50 that have been made in our stake. 4 of my girls worked on it. The 3 oldest sewed. Autumn assisted in moving ironed pieces to their locations and helped tie it too. Needless to say I don't like quilting much. Or maybe it is quilting under pressure I don't like. Who knows. I don't like canning at all either or things that require dirtying dishes and making messes in the kitchen.

The fun thing about this basketball season is finding teachers my oldest 2 have had over the years. We changed schools from where we should be. And now they closed the school where the girls went to school and all the teachers are around the city now. At the first game the PE teacher from their old school was the other teams coach and we said hi to her. Yesterday's game the coach for the other team was Amber's 5th grade teacher and his wife taught Kelsea in 3rd grade and taught them baton for 2 years. At the game was both girl's 4th grade teacher. We were making the teachers feel old though to see my 2 big girls so grown up. I went to 11 elementary schools growing up in 5 states so this is fun for me to have history somewhere.
By the way it was another fun game to watch. No injuries this time.

It was REALLY REALLY cold today. I hate it when you run the furnace for the first time. It stinks so bad.

I am starting to babble and I need some sleep. Hopefully I will stay well tomorrow so I can work. Thank goodness I don't need to be outside.

3 comments:

The Hoogland Family said...

Hey you need to post pictures of your quilt! Show off your hard work! Thanks for the directions for the "girly" store, I know exactly where that is, I will definately check it out!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the quilt! I've never done anything like that so I can't begin to imagine what an undertaking that would have been.

Eric placed 12th and 19th for his pigs. Our niece, Brittany, placed 6th and 1st in her class. Eric was able to sell one of his pigs for $8/lb. which came up to $1960!!! Yay, Eric. That'll be a nice addition to the college fund.

I have to tell you...it was 87 and BEAUTIFUL here today. Low humidity, light breeze. LOVED IT!! This time of year, Houston is definitely nicer than Boise. :)

Wish Dylan luck for his game tomorrow. He is now a wide receiver, a running back, and a defensive back depending on the play and whether offense or defense is on the field. GO COWBOYS!!!

Kailyn got a spirit bear for the game last week. She was the most spirited cheerleader on the squad for the game. Yay, Kailyn!

Miss you all and love you tons!!!

Liss

Janika said...

I like quilting, but nothing fancy. I just sort of make stuff up. It has been a long time, though.

To Melissa, so this is the only time Houston is nicer, then? Dallas is always a little more livable.