Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Interesting

Interesting to me anyway. I find it funny that being a at sub at the school comes in clusters of needing me and needing me not. It all works out about right. I haven't subbed in a few weeks. I had a call yesterday that I turned down but the gal was still sick today so I went in for the 3 hour block. I work tomorrow all day and Friday and the following Monday. Usually when I work that much I am ready for a break so I can catch up here and then I will get one. I kind of like that even though I am considering adding another school to my sub list but I prefer my kids school. I am not good with the spontaneous calls at 5:30 in the morning to sub that day. I do better to plan ahead.

Kelsea gets her permit today and then I am suppose to let her drive. Someone told me something funny and yet too true. I may have said this before. When the rest of your kids get this age you will come to understand. But the two worst things to get through being a parent are potty training and drivers training. I have to totally and completely agree and I think I would actually prefer the potty training if I could pick one. I think I will need some medication for this round. I told Lee Joe I did all the potty training but he needed to do the driver's training. I don't know that Kelsea will let me get off the hook for that one. She is pretty determined.

We had another game yesterday. Poor Kylee got an elbow in the neck. It was pretty bad. Autumn played alot because they were playing a 5th grade team. One of the moms who happens to work at the school and has daughter Autumn's age thought it was so funny how aggressive and all over the court she was. I was really surprised too. She is the littlest one on the team and she was even rebounding. The mom said it was like watching a Jekyl and Hyde and I told her that that is how Autumn is at school and at home and nobody believes me. All the stinker stuff we put up with as a toddler is beginning to revisit us. Kelsea and Autumn are starting to feed off each other in the worst ways. It goes on and on and on. People are telling me boys are so much easier. But like I would know.

I need to get on the exercise band wagon again. Off I go. Cheer me on as I kick my own butt. Never mind I will do it in private. No need to cheer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Miss Autumn! She's got great examples to pull from in basketball. Hope Kylee didn't get too hurt.

I don't know about boys being easier...my boy isn't the easiest personality. :)

I'm totally cheering that you're motivated enough to exercise. My motivation stops with saying - "Yep, I sure do need to exercise." That's as far as I get. I know, sad isn't it?

Well, tomorrow Eric gets to show his pigs at the fair. This is a whole new ballgame for me. I'm definitely not used to the animal showing activities. We'll see how it goes. Last year one of his pigs brought $2700 in the sale. Pretty awesome...even if 'PaPa' was the buyer in the sale. ;)

Talk to ya later. Love ya.

Liss

The Woodward Family said...

I have to agree that the potty training was easier than this whole driving experience, and Big A WAS NOT easy to potty train.

Boys and girls each have their own possitives and negatives, you just have to go with the flow at each stage of life, I guess.

Unknown said...

You should be able to see some of my newer blogs now. I still have a lot to say I may get around to it tonight if I'm not playing games with nathan on the computer. He got my new site up and running. we picked out the template What do you think?

I always thought that driving and automatic car would be a lot easier to teach a kids to drive(since we grew up driving stick) are they stickers or auto?

You can always do what my Dad did ~ just grab the handle/arm rest on your door and make a huge gasp of air, if they are getting a little off the track ;)

Love you Kim!

Good luck!

You and i aught to just have our own big loser challenge. I have at least 15 pounds to go. I'm very uncomfortable in my own skin. What do you say? I'll email you weekly my weigh in weight and you respond with yours. If you lose 1 pound a week I'll send you a piece of jewelry each week - FREE. For my incentive you can just tell me I'm fat and that will motivate me to work harder! ;)

Sorry for the long winds! A lot to say.

Unknown said...

Dresses. . .
they are just off Hill Field Rd and mail street by the layton Walmart. Ther is an LDS Dist Center and Hancock Fabrics on the corner is the Claypoole Corner Boutique. There's another one in Centerville too now called The Sparrows nest. They have more of the same items and they are always asking for more product.

Janika said...

It is probably better for your children if you teach them. I know where LJ learned to drive from, and I remember riding next to him.