Thursday, June 05, 2008

They are free!

I have yet to determine if I like that news yet or not. But school is out. It doesn't feel like it because it has in the 60's and 70's for like two weeks now. I think Janika took the hot weather back home with her. It is not going to warm up so there is no swimming anytime soon. Bummer. But I am not complaining all that much because is very pleasant outside. I haven't run the air conditioner or the heater in two weeks. 97 was the record high a couple days ago and that happened last year. So it is lovely but the reality it is summer hasn't hit yet.

Kylee and Autumn have been at an advantage or disadvantage (depends on the perspective) being the 3rd and 4th children. Expectations for them aren't as rigid as say the first born and the struggles aren't a standout as our 2nd born. But they deserve some recognition. Autumn has had extreme difficulty getting her work done on time but her teacher has been wonderful and knows she will get it done and her perfectionism and complicated thinking processes get in the way. We call it Autumnism. She got straight A's!! And Kylee is so laid back she has a little bit of lazy streak in how laid back she is but she pulled up all her grades and made the honor roll as well. She only has 2 B's!! She is finally reading at grade level. She has been slower than they would like her to be. It is not about comprehension for some reason, it is all about speed in reading. So they have done very well. I won't know the official grades for Amber and Kelsea for a week or two but they both did very well. Lee Joe and Amber went to talk to the assistant principal and a teacher about her history grade. It was a B and she got a C on the final but she has pulled off A's in harder classes and he has been inconsistent I guess but I wasn't going to fight that kind of battle. If Amber has issues with her grades she needs to learn how to speak up with the teachers. Instead she tries to work harder in the class to avoid confrontation and then shrugs her shoulders when that doesn't work. Dad saved her grade this time again and now she will have an A after writing an essay in 30 minutes this morning for a missing grade in that class to bump it up.

At 8 o'clock tonight I could watch TV in my room(not that there was much on to watch but that didn't matter) with few distractions and just be there without an appointment or schedule first thing tomorrow either. No homework, no activities. Just AHHH! Yep, that's nice. I am blogging tons aren't I?

2 comments:

Janika said...

Isaac came home yesterday proclaiming "Freedom!!" I let him enjoy that for a little while, then I broke the news that he was going to have to go to summer school. His teacher wouldn't let him make up any grades.

Janika said...

And I am glad you are blogging tons. I tend to wait a little bit to blog sometimes so everybody else who doesn't attend the blog circle as religiously as I do can keep up with my posts. But sometimes I just have a lot I want to say.