Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The latest

I told you my sister and I were very close. David and Melissa were finally going to get married this month and needed to do it before they move. I asked her on on Friday when they were going to get married. She says "Oh yeah, David made it for Monday at the courthouse" So I thought that was great and was trying to remember that. It took until Saturday night for me to put what Monday was for us. Monday was OUR anniversary. So we spent our anniversary watching my sister marry her man. Just with us it seemed like a big wedding party in the courthouse but it amounted to my mom, Lee Joe and I and our 5 girls and Melissa's 2 and of course Melissa and David. It was a woman judge that married them. We thought she looked familiar but when I look back at the pictures I took maybe she just looks like Martha Stewart. It was very nice and we all went out to Olive Garden afterwards with all the kids and my mom and brother. It was such a nice time. Then Melissa and David brought Dylan and Kailyn to our house so we could go to a movie together. We watched Get Smart and all of us laughed through the whole movie. So we had a very nice anniversary and I share it with my sister now. We thought that was funny too.

Yesterday I took family pictures of Melissa, David and the kids. The weather was so nice yesterday. The temperature was perfect with a little cloud cover. The California fires haven't touched us with smoke. I got some nice pictures. Kelsea went on a raft trip with friends and the police department yesterday. Amber and Kelsea went to birthday parties last night and Lee Joe went to Ely to get a bid package for a duck pond with Jared. I had the 3 little girls all day and evening. So once the ones that were off for their evening activities, I took the 3 youngest and their report cards to Chuck E Cheese and those 3 got an insane amount of tokens and had great time. Afterward I picked up Kailyn and Dylan to stay the night.

This afternoon and evening is our biggest obligations for the week. But I still consider it quite peaceful. But that doesn't mean I have gotten anywhere on the laundry or the house cleaning. But there will always be laundry and housecleaning no matter how hard you work at it. So there you go.

3 comments:

Janika said...

Just what June needs! More dates. I thought for a minute you were going to say that the day of the wedding came and you forgot to go. Tell Melissa I said congrats, and that the picture of the house on my blog is on Melissa Lane.

Kim and family said...

Oh my gosh that's funny. We used the last name Lane for awhile. Now she is a Steinhauser.

Janika said...

Ha! I had forgotten about the Lane part.