Wednesday, June 04, 2008

So scary

So my anxiety and depression levels have been at a higher level the last couple of weeks then they have been for awhile. Then what happens is I get some news and I run away with it. But this would normal I guess before the first baby bird leaves the nest. Amber told me her science teacher nominated Amber for a full ride scholarship to a college in Ohio-Case Western Reserve University. We were checking things out and she is excited at the prospect. It is a nomination though and not a given. But I started to think about it. Before I haven't had big issues with where she was going to school. She was talking BSU and that is right here. I said if she went to school on the East coast all my family is there. But something hit me. Ohio is far away and she knows no one there and then all the little quirky things about Amber made me worry and then I went through it all again. It is going to be an interesting year next year. This year the baby is in school and next year is the last I am given for sure with my oldest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleveland is a long way from either coast. I'm sure she'll have a lot more opportunities as the summer and senior year progress. Try not to worry too much and just help her make up her own mind on what's best for her and her future.
I know they you guys will make the right decision. BTW UNLV is the coolest school ever.

Janika said...

Isaac told me when he was seven that he wasn't sure he wanted to go on a mission because he would miss me. I have convinced him that I will be fine without him, and often talk about booting the kids out of the house at 18, but it doesn't feel the same when it is an impending reality. Ohio is easy access to the east coast. The church will be there wherever she goes. Funny, both my mom and Mike's mom thanked my ward for taking care of us in testimony meeting and another mother visiting her brand new grandchild said the same thing last week. We are never alone as long as we have a bishop and RS President.