Monday, June 30, 2008

Thanks everybody

Thanks to everyone that called Lee Joe on his birthday. He acts like it is no big deal and gives me a hard time when I think my birthday is a big deal. But I think it means more to him that he even lets on. Last year I got him the fish tank and ran all over even though I was really sick trying to find the bast deal. I didn't have that in me this year. I didn't know what to do for him at all. So Saturday was quiet and low key. He worked for 2 hours in the morning. He was home after that. We watched 27 dresses. I liked it a lot and the main character is little like myself. A caretaker of all and loosing oneself in it. But it was a good movie. We Bar b qued some chicken for dinner. I made a bunch of jell-o then bought some cake-too lazy to make anything. I got him his 2 presents I was giving him that day. He asked if I was getting him a shirt or hat. I said no. He got basketball shorts and a tie. He did not think that was fun at all. So I gave him the present I was going to give him with Matt and David on their combo birthday we do. It was an electronic football game. It was a $100 game I got for $3 after Christmas. He liked that a lot. Then at 8:30 we went to Barnes and Noble with the 3 youngest. The 2 oldest were at the mall and target. So he also got himself a book he picked out. I got 3 books. It was buy 2 get one free. I got 2 Jane Austen and another book that takes place around the same time period in England. Sunday we read. The 3 youngest are reading like mad for the Library reading thing. Lee Joe was even amazed.
Summer school is out on Thursday! Hooray!
Dylan and David left for Texas today. I am bummed about that. Melissa will probably be gone next week. So sad. Manic Depressive moment.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Happy Birthday Lee Joe! How does anyone not think a birthday is a big deal? I'm with you in thinking they are. All birthdays should be holidays! And, if you're like me, and plan on being 27 for ever, you never get older, so birthdays are no big deal!

Janika said...

Yeah, I was one of those that called. Sure it was a day late, but I didn't know it was late. After Dev's B-day I thought, small break, watch the calendar for LJ's, but it seemed like I had forever--I mean Dev hasn't even posted about what she did on her birthday, so how could it be LJ's already? I have a great little blackberry pearl PDA. I briefly thought about activating the calendar last week and getting my time a little more organized. I'm over that.