Friday, June 20, 2008

Not much-for once

I am going to say there isn't much going on. The most events we had were 3 basketball games thrown at us that we found out about just hours or the day before it happened. Kelsea was still having trouble between her cough and her sunburn. She blistered all over her stomach. That should teach her. Anyways, Weds was her best game. Sunburn was recovering and peeling and the cough was mild. She made 3 out of 4 free throws. She would have been high scorer because they count free throws differently in summer ball to save time so she made 6 points in a game with a high score of 30. The 4th free throw was the most critical, it would have tied the game and she missed it but it was a super high pressure moment. They lost by 3 even though the refs didn't count our last shot. The refs stunk really bad. I guess their summer season is over and we are both relieved.

Summer school has gone on, Amber says they have 9 more days. Lee Joe and Autumn are fighting their colds. We have been using record amounts of tissue. Kylee felt bad for bit but seems well today. I am still battling sinus issues like always. It got hot! I tackled some of the paper trail in my house and am trying to fight what could become a new anxiety disorder. What would you call a phobia of paper? I almost freaked out(not really) when I had to buy toilet paper, paper towels and tissue today and I realized I was bringing more paper into this already inundated house. I see newspapers, bills, junk mail, store receipts, coloring books and all of that and I calm myself down and tell myself not all paper is bad. If only I could figure out a way to make toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates and super soft tissues with all the paper that is already here! That would be the thing wouldn't it? Hmm something to contemplate. Apparantly I have had time to think lately.

I watched a movie today while I battled a headache and sorted and put laundry away.

Amber is playing clarinet with the Boise Institute college kids and some friends at the Morrison Center tomorrow. They are putting on "Joseph Smith the Prophet, a musical presentation by Rob Gardner with narrators soloists and a 100 + choir and orchestra" "Guest performance by soloist Linda Adams and pianist Del Parkinson" We are going because Amber is there. I don't know much about it. Amber's friend and her mom are going and they are Catholic so that is pretty cool.

I guess that is it. It was nice to look at this week on my purse calendar and have almost nothing on it. Even though we still had basketball, piano, YW, I went visiting teaching and a couple of playdates. I just didn't put anything on the calendar but it was refreshing. So really that is not much compared to usual.

2 comments:

Janika said...

You take the paper and crumple it up. Open and spread it smooth. Crumple again. Repeat until paper is soft, absorbent, and has a quilted texture.

Kim and family said...

Hmm-maybe that will a good project for the kids this summer.