Monday, September 29, 2008

Phew

I think I have blogged more this September than I have all year and maybe since I have had a blog. I don't know why except it is quiet in my house with no one to talk to all day. It is good practice typing for me and I guess it is my journal. It is so good at putting off all those things I should be doing.

So I am glad last week is over. The birthday party is over. We can move on. Kylee had about 6 friends show up to her party. 3 stayed the night. I was up intil 1 telling them to go to sleep. I got a got a call really early in the morning so I was exhausted all day Sat. I took Kylee to lunch and we went to my mom's house for her presents from grandma. We all miss our family get together with Melissa and her crew. Saturday night one of the friends showed up that missed Friday's party. She got the day wrong. How sad is that? But Kylee and her friend watched the movie they watched at the party and I took pictures of those two and we reenacted Friday's party for the friend. Lee Joe took the rest of the girls shopping for my birthday.

Sunday was quite the thing for Kylee. She moved into YW. We got her and her friend that turned 12 too the day before Kylee. And they had to come into Relief Society since it was fast Sunday for the opening and then the lesson in YW talked about dating standards,abortion was mentioned, marriage, divorce, chastity. Kylee walked out of there saying the lesson was yucky for her. Poor kid. Kind of too much for a just turned 12 year old. Now we have to have the can I shave my legs? lesson. I guess with the other 2 I let them in 6th grade. In 7th they can wear make-up. We will have 5 razors in the shower now. I think I need a rack for them all.

Tomorrow is my big day. No big plans yet but I hope to take it easy and do what I want to do all day. So there is this funny thing that has happened to me more than once. When I tell people my birthday is the last day in September I have a few say "The 31st" ANd I say no the 30th there are not 31 days in September. People have tried to argue with me on that point. Don't you think if my birthday is on the last day of the month for my entire life-it has not changed-That I would be an expert on how many days there are in September? There is no arguing that point with me on how many days there are in September. You are not going to win that one. I find it funny that one would doubt me and think they were right. Any other month you might win the argument with me but not September.

1 comment:

Janika said...

Did you ever have somebody argue with you on how to pronounce your last name? I have. Sure, it was a married name both times, but you just don't question people on some things.