Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's broken

Lee Joe's finger is very broken. He went to get his stitches out and told them how it was feeling. They x-rayed it and the bone is pretty smashed. The doctor is worried because after a week it is not even trying to regrow bone. He has to go see the bone doctor. Now it is in a splint. He is pretty bummed. I kind of am too. No insurance or workman's comp. It is his right hand. When he gets hurt he sure does a good job. But I have to say. He is still handling it all well. Still has only had tylenol for pain and is still working. I will post pics of the x-ray later.

We are heading into a birthday weekend. We had a nice break. Kylee is 12 on Friday! My b-day is Tuesday next week. Kylee is having a party and then a few friends will be able to stay the night. Not very many.

I won't go into details but I am starting to hate car-pooling. Especially people who think that the car pool is only there for themselves. I am refusing to be a doormat. It is like I have to make people help me back. I would almost rather do all the driving for my own kids so I can be done dealing with selfish people. I am a little cranky.

3 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Yuck about Lee Joe's finger. Hope everything turns out good.

Good luck with the car pool thing,to. I'm really lucky, the other ladies I car pool with are great!

Anonymous said...

Not good for Lee Joe! Kind of weird that they didn't x-ray it initially when he went in for the stitches.

Happy birthday to Kylee and Kim!!! :) And Grandpa, too. He's right in between you two.

Liss

Kim and family said...

The doctor was swondering why he didn't x-ray it but I think he had two people with stitches before LeeJoe and then the waiting room was full. The doctor was feeling a lot of pressure. Lee Joe kept going on about how much everything cost. They were concerned about the tendon and making sure it was clean because he was so dirty when he hurt it. So I think with all that it nobody thought about x-rays and maybe Lee Joe wasn't such a weinie when they were stitching it up. It was probably the broken bone that was really hurting him.