Monday, September 22, 2008

Kelsea started it!

Kelsea has had dishes this week and on Friday night she got on a roll. She did dishes. She put all the lost stuff away. She started cleaning out a cabinet and then I started cleaning out another cabinet. And then another one got clean. I couldn't believe it. She even mopped the floor. I went through our lid "box and we almost half filled it with cool whip lids and frosting lids. I want to know where all those bowls went. Not that I needed that many. On Saturday afternoon she didn't want to help Lee Joe change oil in his truck or the car. So she started on the fridge. What a kid! I got one that is a cleaner out of the bunch. On Thursday after her last driver's ed class she rode her back to a senior home here and applied for a job. She has some mojo. She is one hard worker.
No, I haven't finished my kitchen yet.
It has not rained at all in over 2 months. Amber and Kelsea decided to volunteer at the Women's fitness challenge. They left the house on Saturday morning at 6 am. At 7:30 the rest of us woke up to the dog barking at the thunder and lightning. It started pouring rain and lightning strikes downtown where the girls were. They were trying to find a food booth to volunteer at once some of the rain eased up-for a minute. Everything but one of the coffee stations were taken. So my girls maintained a coffee booth for some cold and grumpy people that missed their coffee fix. They came home before noon with all the layers of clothes they were wearing soaking wet. And then the sun came out once they were home.
We had one of Hannah's little friends stay the night over Friday. He brought a photo album his grandma made for him. Autumn, for some reason took it outside and left it there. It rained something crazy. We were getting ready to take hime home when I found the book and realized how wet it was. I quickly and carefully pulled all the pictures out. They all needed to dry. I told him I would fix the book for him. I had to find a new photo album. I went to all the really close stores to see if I could find one. I was looking for those cheap plastic ones you can USUALLY find anywhere. I couldn't find one. I went to Fred Meyer. They had them in girly glitter. That wasn't going to work for a little boy. I had to go home because another nasty storm blew in. Later that night I hit 2 more stores and found them but used one I found at Wal-mart. It had flowers on it but I realized I could salvage the cover on his if I let them dry out. Sunday everything was dry enough to put his album back together. All I was trying to do was find something close to home and should have just gone for the drive to Wal-mart. Even though I usually have the same complaint as most people do lately. They either have no selection or are out of what I am after. I was trying to find Swedish fish for Kylee to take to school for a gift basket they are doing in her class. I had to get them at Wal-greens. I was not feeling good to top it off so that made the whole photo album seeking mission miserable.

3 comments:

Janika said...

I remember doing that in my mom's kitchen. To this day, the inside of my cabinets is cleaner and more organized than everything else. After all, it's what's on the inside that counts.

The Woodward Family said...

Wish it were contagious...I need to do it before my surgery in December, or I'll be doing it after, when I should be recovering!

The Woodward Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.