Friday, September 05, 2008

Don't like it!!

I don't like all the back to school stuff! Take it back! Take it back!!

The days are quiet and seem short and long at the same time. Depends on what I am up to I guess. I will be subbing already for 2 days next week. Could have added another day but I have to take 2 kids to the dentist. I have been asked to sub 3 days the next week but I had a conflict on one of those days too. I had 2 back to school visits last night and we rented a viola from the school for Autumn which meant I had to be a the Jr high in that window of being at the elementary school. And kids were everywhere it seemed. And the husband was working late again. Needless to say I was frustrated. We have 4 kids playing instruments at the moment-besides piano. I am kind of excited except for the fact that the Elementary orchestra teacher is the same one from the jr high that we had problems with last year. It is one year and she wants to play flute next year. Kylee is playing trombone this year.
We are going to a football game tonight. Mainly for the pep band and to hear their marching music and see Amber be bossy. I am helping hem band uniforms as of today and we are to make a quilt before the end of this month for a YW thing. It isn't even started yet.
I have plenty to do this weekend but I am hoping for a helpful husband to be home and help take care of the outside so I can get things in order in here before I have to work on Monday. I STILL have several loads of laundry left. And many other messes.

The kids are doing well at the moment. Kelsea did a hilarious powerpoint presentation about herself. She did it while she was still very tired from the trip. We were still very tired from the trip so we laughed a lot harder. Both girls said they were crazy hyper on Tuesday and they didn't like it. That was kind of funny. Hannah is on some sort of accelerated learning thing it is like going through a new experience that could get overwhelming. She loves learning but is learning things so fast, I don't know. The first week of school she is reading at a 3.5 grade level. I have never, ever experienced this. The teacher just bumped her up in her math group to see how she does and she is doing great. This teacher sounds great at figuring out the kids in her class and how each one learns and where each one is at. There are only 17 kids in her class. With the 5 and 6th graders we will have to see if they can keep up and get things turned in on time. It is prep for jr high right now and that could be a problem for them both. But they are doing all right for the moment.

I got all my pictures back from Penney's. So I am happy about that. I like pictures. But I am depressed too. My favorite store ever is closing here. I have shopped at Mervyn's for years and they have had store closing signs every where. I forlornly walked through the store very sadly this afternoon. I didn't buy anything but mourning never being able to shop there again. Or park in my favorite spot at the mall in front of the upstairs at Mervyn's and work my way through the mall from there. No more sundresses for little girls or jeans for me. No more great clearance deals. So sad. Yes I like the mall. And have always liked Mervyn's since we lived in Nevada. I am done mourning. I need to get Kelsea soon. She is almost done with her very first driving experience in Driver's ed. That is so scary!!!!!! I have recovered. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you all.

Janika said...

Everything my mom bought for me was from Mervyn's. Kohl's may be a good replacement, though. Sunday's lesson in our new wardd was about living in and enjoying the moment, based on President Monson's first presidency message from last month or so. The focus was on appreciating each moment and not waiting or hoping for a different situation. Love ya. Have fun.