Saturday, August 02, 2008

This week-


I tried to get this as fast as I could. The evidence that Byron was here.



Our first family tie-dye experience

Colorful blobs and whoops-we tie dyed our hands too.

Kelsea's hand. Autumn with her shirts.
Hannah's shirt. Kylee's shirts.
Amber's shirt Kelsea's two
We tie dyed and had fun with that. All the girls have had endless rounds of water balloon fights. There are little balloons all over and they have had to clean that up numerous times.
I did not have so much fun getting our paint sprayer in working order so I could help out Amber's friend with his Eagle scout project. I got it working and then one of the fittings broke right after I was so happy. I chased the thing around. Had a nice guy at the paint sprayer repair place take the broken part out of the sprayer and the hose and tell me where to find it because he couldn't find any. I found the part for one dollar! I love cheap repair jobs. So I got it together. The next day after rinsing the shirts I decided I should check it to see if it was going to work with the hoses and sprayer attached. The hose was leaking and the sprayer was leaking. I found an O ring and fixed the sprayer but couldn't find one for the hose. I took it down to the service project shed, I was already a half hour late. I thought I should try turning the hose around and it worked. I took care of painting the shed in 2 hours. He helped too. The big work is always getting the sprayer working and tearing it down afterwards. So YAY I did some service-the thing worked and they were so happy to make quick work of getting it painted. I have still been cleaning house. I need to get at my unfinished projects. I found it ironic that I could help paint a shed but my kitchen has been unfinished for over a year now. I need to get at it.
The girls start leaving for girls camp Monday. Amber leaves Monday, Kelsea leaves Tuesday. It is Amber's last year of camp!
By the way, I tried twice to get a link to other blogs going, I did it twice but my computer or internet connection has been stupid and ridiculous. I thought I needed an update but it sounds like from some research I did that our provider is doing so well at getting people on their plan that the connection gets sluggish due to so much traffic. I can't fix that unless I change providers. Go figure.

3 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

The tie dying looks really fun. Except for the colored fingers...I bet that has to wear off, huh?

Janika said...

Thanks for the effort in creating the links. The shirts are cute. I've never done tie dye. It is mysterious to me, and it's one thing I expect never to do, but we'll see.

Kim and family said...

I've never owned a thing that was tie dyed until now and it was my first experience tie dying and it was a lot of fun. And my fingers still have dye around my finger nails today and it is tuesday and I have had several showers. Oh well.