Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Just the 4 of us

Well 4 is still a big number but in this house it feels like half of us are gone. As the 7th one looking at 6 I suppose it is true. OK Whatever.

The difference in Amber and Kelsea getting ready to go somewhere at 6 am is so funnily different. Amber must have been up at 4 or 5 am and she was up and down the stairs for an hour. She woke most of us up but she is independent enough to get herself up and get through her routines and I can wait around until I am needed. Then a friend came over at 6:15 confused about the departure time so Amber got a ride with her. Yay for me. But when they leave I always get sad.

Kelsea tells me the night before that she is getting up 5 minutes before we have to leave. She had all her stuff together the night before, somehow found her sunglasses at 1:30 am by accident. They were between her bed and nightstand. I woke her up for about 10 minutes before she got up she was ready in about 10 minutes and she groggily got out of the car at the church and tried to find the nearest spot to deposit her still half asleep self. Barely a smile to be seen. Again sadness as I drove away.

But I recovered quick. I would like to say it is quiet but the 3 little girls are getting short tempered with each other lately. Tuesday is great day to find deals. I decided we would got to the matinee to see Wall-E. Amber and Kelsea have been to many movies lately and it was the little girls turn to see something that wasn't in the dollar theatre. There is a ceramic painting place outside the movie theatre and it was 2 for 1 day. I have been wanting to take them there during the summer for years now. They loved it. We were there for over 2 hours. And we had free dinners for all three girls at Applebees so we went there for dinner and had a really good dinner. So they feel pretty special. They have not complained about all their home time. Amber is the worst at thinking she has to do something all the time. So we had a great day of great deals. They were just amazed at how long we were gone doing stuff. Apparantly they have been very house bound this summer. We have free passes for the Discovery Center so we will be doing that this week too.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I hope you are able to get a lot of fun in. The remaining time is short, now.