Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It happened

The one big thing I can't handle myself when Lee Joe is gone is car trouble. I got a great dose of it a couple of hours ago. I thought the last two issues I had were slightly troublesome. This one left parts on the road. I was pulling out into a usually very busy road after finally depositing an already very late pay check that was overnighted to us. I pulled out and clunk -no power steering at all. I was trying to get out before a pick-up pulling a trailer. I could barely steer and managed to get myself into the middle lane out of the way since I had no clue what just happened but the car was still running. I had to wait for all the traffic to clear coming the other direction so I could pull into that parking lot. As soon as I came in there parts were on the ground inthe parking lot. I called Lee Joe and tried to tell him what happened. It was a tensioner pulley that came off and its spring. I was shaking so bad but it was just me in the car. I had to take the belt off the engine. I could walk but it was a little far. He told me I could try to drive it. Just watch for all these lights and the temperature. I drove it through a neighborhood to the next busy street I had to cross and the temp was really high. I crossed that super busy street in time to pull over and turn the car off. I called Lee Joe again and he told to me to wait awhile to drive it again. I waited about 10 minutes and got it to another corner and turned and had it almost to the church before I had to turn it off again. I sat there long enough to get it into the church parking lot and walked the rest of the way home. He is having his buddy come check it out but it was a bolt that held the tensioner pulley onto the car that decided it was done so I am hoping that really it was just that bolt. It could be minor repair but a big headache to fix but boy it gave out in dramatic fashion. I am hoping I am only carless today. We will see.

We had some friend drama last night with Kylee. One if her "friends" called at 10:30 and told her she didn't want to be friends with her anymore and than asked her how she felt about a bunch of other girls. I need to take care of that today but Kylee is very depressed. How sad is that?

1 comment:

Janika said...

Claire has a friend who always makes her choose between her and other girls, mostly because of things her mom says about the other girls. Very sad. Keep us up on what happens with the car.