Friday, August 22, 2008

I think..

I think all the school supplies are bought. Shoes for the 2 youngest were found for $7 a piece. We know who the girls teachers are and all their classmates. We will go to the school Friday and drop off their stuff and see their teachers. Pictures for 5 kids have been taken. We are almost ready for the big day.

My Olympic analysis and update. Still up too late watching Volleyball. I watched the gold medal matches for mens and womens beach volleyball and was almost like a guy going "Yes" and "AHH" at all the ball whacking. I think indoor volleyball guys like the dramatic effect of flopping on the floor when the ball is on their side of the net to make it look good and make them look tough even if the ball wasn't anywhere near them when they flopped. But really they are just polishing up the floor so it is easier to flop the next time around. We watched and Kelsea laughed pretty hard at one of the US guys throwing himself across the finish line and on the ground in a track race to take 3rd. It's a lot harder to plish up a wet track that way and you don't slide so well.
I don't like to talk on the phone much(mainly because I can't hear very well on the phone and I only have one good ear to listen with) but I talked to my sister and Lee Joe and my good friend so long tonight that my good hearing ear is in pain from phone pressure. Kind of silly huh. I had good visits on the phone though.

I told Hannah it is 6 days before her daddy comes home. I made a mistake and said Lee Joe was going home when he called me on his cell when it cut out and she thought I meant our home not the hotel home. She was sad.

1 comment:

The Woodward Family said...

School starting and a hubby back all in one week. Life is good!