Monday, August 25, 2008

They're gone!!!!!

It was a Monday morning. Amber used all the gas I had Saturday night. I think she was lucky she made it home. I was on very empty on Sunday. I debated all day Sunday whether to get gas. I walked back to church when I came home in between Sacrament and YW. Walking home was painful. I know why I usually drive past the 13 houses to church. Dress shoes are not kind to my heels and Autumn has some sort of bite that is swollen behind her knee that was causing her grief. So back to Monday. I put some of the lawn mowers gas in the car because I was that concerned, which meant I smelled like gas. When I started the car it sounded like it still needed gas. Amber rode her bike but I drove Kelsea. I took the time to get gas on the way to school. And then I found out the LEFT BLINKER ISN"T WORKING AGAIN!!! That ticked me off. I dropped Kelsea off and she was nervous and I felt bad for her and wished Amber was with her. So I came back home without my left blinker and supervised the other 3. Hannah was walking around the house with her backpack on at 8 and we didn't need to leave for another 30 minutes. She was soo excited. I was going to walk her to where she was to line up but she was way ahead of me. I really don't think she needed me at all. We found a family at the school that we went to church with a few years ago and she has a daughter Autumn's age and we helped her feel better. Then a little boy that was in Hannah's class last year was in tears. I asked him what grade he was in because he looked familiar and he said kindergarten I took him in and he said that the kids were different. Poor thing, he didn't understand. How scary for the little guy. I walked off the playground feeling a little lost without a kid. But I am OK now. This is my first peace and quiet in I don't know how long. Now I should stop blogging and take advantage of no mess makers.
Lee Joe can't wait to come home. He will be leaving tomorrow night. We don't know what he is doing when he gets back. He may not be home for good. Twin Falls is a possibilty but it got iffy all of a sudden. Sacramento is an option if things don't work out in Twin and Southern California is still an option again this winter if things are bad here this winter. So I could be doing this alone for awhile but I manage pretty well. I just need a car still to have that 2nd driver I need so badly.
The cat has been stalking the stove for 24 hours now so I suspect she brought in a mouse. I don't want to chase mice anymore than 2 inch spiders.

4 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I don't do spiders or mice in any amount of inches. Yuck!

Did you enjoy your quiet day at home?

Janika said...

What is your hang-up with blinkers and working cars. Lays aren't supposed to care about those things. Signal out the window, tie the door shut if it won't stay on its own, climb through the other window since that door won't open and it is a pain to untie and retie the door. When the engine blows push it through the intersection and look cute until someone comes by to help. Don't hate the car. When it gave up the fight, it was only having it's prayer answered to be put out of its misery.

Hope the kids had fun at school.

Janika said...

I posted my birthday sentence too.

Unknown said...

I'm sure he could find some stuff closer than So Co. . .They are doing a ton of construction work on I-15 in UT if he wants to look into that - then he can stay at my place and go home on the weekends when my husband comes back! ;)