Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good news!

I have been exercising off and on, not as consistently as I would like, but kick my butt workouts when they happen. I have been riding the stationary bike too. Unfortunately my butt still measures the same-that really sucks. But the rest of the parts of me that I have measured are down 1/2 inch to an inch already. I have not changed my diet much. If I cut out soda that would probably be the significant difference between minor weight loss and major weight dropping. I have an allergy or something to diet soda and most zero calorie drinks. I haven't been able to part with the soda completely yet. Dr Pepper is my weakness and only Dr Pepper. So anyways I am happy.

There is a bicyclist from Boise that just won a Gold medal at the Olympics. We watched her at a bike race here a couple years ago and Amber's friend is her neighbor. That is pretty cool.

Kylee got her glasses and they are the wrong ones. Wrong color and wrong frame. They are getting the right color in and we have to wait for those but I don't know which frame it was we picked out but I recall ruling the pair out that she got. They are too big and with our insurance we are not likely to get another pair. But she sure enjoys seeing things clearly. I might have to buy her a pair that fits.

Autumn won a t-shirt at the library for reading this summer. We picked up the girls ceramics today and they were so excited. They turned out really cute.

The run is on trying to cram everything in before school starts. I made a bunch of appointments today. Amber has band camp and Kelsea has volleyball conditioning and they are riding their bikes to the high school. Spares me 4 trips to the high school. They are on a get fit kick too so they don't mind the bike riding too much. They have been doing the same workout I have been doing. We are trying to get as much pool time in as we can since the pools will be closing as well. We are planning a trip over Labor day weekend when Lee Joe gets back to the Redwood forest and the Oregon coast. The Oregon coast has been one of my very favorite vacations. Next to last summers trip to California. We are going to camp and all our camping gear is either hammered or doesn't accomodate a family of 7 so I need to update our stuff before we go. So I am busy getting things together for that too.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Did you know that one 12-oz soda per day = 20 additional pounds per year? When I found that out, I gave up Dr. Pepper; I was drinking maybe 3-4 every single day. Then I went through withdrawls, major headaches every day for like a week, but now I very rarely drink soda, and when I do, I feel crummy. I'm a water and ice tea girl now, with an ocassional fruit juice. I feel so much better.

Loosing inches is awesome, you can actually see results. Good job. Keep up the good work!

I'm up to 16 pounds gone, but I haven't measured in a long time.

Kim and family said...

Lee Joe keeps giving me the calorie thing. He harrasses me all the time.
I have been buying the little bottles so I get less at a time. So I am trying to make changes but when I spend more time in the car I am more prone to give in to the Mcdonalds dollar deal on their soda. I drink a lot more water than I use to since I had kidney stones.
The scale hasn't changed but I can feel the beginning of the change. I am positive if I gave up the soda the scale will change.