Monday, February 19, 2007

Headache

Somebody has to tell me if they have a headache that hurts all over your head, sinuses, all over my skull, ears hurt , temples, Everything hurts and it hurts so bad you feel like you might throw up. I had one like that and I woke up with it. It got worse and worse even after I took medicine and then I did something I hardly ever, ever do. I threw up. My family knows it is really bad if I do that. I couldn't sleep well and didn't eat anything till 12:30. I think it makes a migraine look weak. I have had plenty of those. I took Aleve cold and sinus which sometimes works, 4 ibuprofren (presrip strength) it didn't ease it up-I got sick instead. I was trying pain management things that I know how to do. That wasn't working much. I took excedrin migraine at about 1 and at 2:30 I felt like I might be a person and could get up. Man, am I weak and shaky still at 4. I hate head pain more than any other kind of pain and that headache is horrible. I think I can handle labor with no meds better than that. Well the kidney stone I had is right there with the headache. But it was 1cm around and 2 cm long and I suffered a week before I got rid of it with only over the counter pain relievers. I think I need a prescription for that headache.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

I think I know how you feel. I had pretty much the same thing on Saturday. I think I ended up taking 4 advils, 2 tylenols, 4 PMS pills, and 2 migraine pills just to get to sleep. No barfing, but I'm good at keeping it down.

I will put a hot pad on my head and face when it gets bad, or have Jason rub my head.

I had to go of the "pill" because of my migraines, but that didn't seem to help...I've had them pretty much monthly since I hit puberty.

I just have to suffer through them. Yuck! I feel for you though.

Kim and family said...

I got my first migraine when I was on the pill after Kelsea. I don't have to take them anymore. I had the worst one ever when we went to Salt Lake for Devanie's wedding and missed out on dinner in the Joseph Smith memorial building and have been bummed forever ever since. I was pregnant with Autumn.

I didn't think about a hot pad on my head. I really never throw-up so that was a big one. I usually get migraines on Sunday I made it through one without it and then got the headache on Monday instead.