Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bad sick season

They closed a school in Jerome (by Twin Falls) because of a scarlet feaver outbreak. They closed a school in town here that has 91 students because 17 of the students were sick with the flu, scarlet fever and other stuff. I am almost wondering why they haven't had anything like a letter or something come out at the kids school. My neighbors boys have had the flu-Sat and last night. I found out Dylan had the flu on Sat after Kailyn. Hmm-I only got one with the flu so far. Hannah spent the day with Kelsea and didn't get it. But I can't rule it out yet I am sure with how it is circulating still. But I still wonder what killed the hamsters. A mystery! Kylee is at school today!! But she was distraught trying to go to sleep last night remembering the hamsters death.

By the way--Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!!

Lee Joe brought me roses this morning and brought home doughnuts. I had chocolate hearts and sweettart hearts for the girls and a package of chocolate hearts and sweettart hearts for Lee Joe. Since we went to Olive Garden this week already I told Lee Joe I just want Port of Subs for dinner. Aren't I easy to please?
Kelsea has a game today but it is away and I can't go. We are busy from 4-6 and then then YW was canceled and activity days is early so we can do dinner. I need to bake my cookies.

Valentines Day-the rest of the story.
I spent the day making heart shaped sugar cookies with Hannah. My mom brought me a flower arrangement. Very pretty. Party was fine at the school. Kelsea's team won their game. She played the whole 4th quarter and several other times and the coach was impressed. We got a heart shaped pizza for the girls and Lee Joe and I went to Port of subs and Wal-mart and the mall so we could spend a little time together. He played chess with the 3 youngest girls at home and I grilled the 2 oldest over boys.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad about those cute hamsters. Wait til summer to get new ones and disinfect the cages.

Boy I hope I don't hear of schools closing for those out here. However we did hear of a kid that got Menengitis in Utah adn about 100 people that came into contact near the student all for antibiotics just in case. News is getting scarrier and scarier each day. There was a massive shooting by 1 person in SLC, this week. Refer back to my blog "Devanie's middle of the night Rant" to see how I feel about these things!

Kim and family said...

No more hamsters for us! We are too busy for more pets anyways. They were fun while we had them though.

Maryanne said...

RIP cheezeball. Sounds like a good Valentines day. I'm still serious about the Family in a bubble Idea that way everyone is without Flu or Strep or Hamster hack. Love you all.