Friday, February 20, 2009

A week!!

A week has slipped by without a blog from me. Wow. I guess it spared everyone the run down of more sick people's status but I am never one to spare the memories. Yes-Autumn caught the crud. She started Weds night. She ran fevers everyday through Monday. I took her to the dr and recapped Kelsea's antibiotic and pneumonia run down and said Augmentin worked for her please give it to Autumn too. So they did. She also has a pretty good ear infection to go with it. She did make it back to school all day today. She is getting better a little faster than the first 3. Kelsea went to the Doctor this week and they said her pneumonia looks really good for as soon as it has been since she has had it. But she is still improving. I caught the cold, I have felt yuckier and yuckier. I have worked and when I get home I am worthless. I have had a really yucky voice or soft and raspy. Blah.

Devanie came Sunday afternoon. Then Randa came a few hours later. We had Amber's boyfriend over for dinner with the crew. Then that night was rough. We had Autumn up at like 3 from a coughing fit. Sierra was sleeping in Kylee's room which must have been 90 degrees from the 4 kids sleeping in that tiny room. So Sierra threw up at 6:30. We took care of her, poor thing. Then at 7 Zach paid us peek in visit and then went to play somewhere else. I took Autumn to the Doctor. The kids went to the park, we saw Marley and Me. A bunch of us cried in the end. But Devanie doesn't know much about the movie because she took the little ones to the car to settle down and watch a DVD. We went to dinner at Golden Corral. We came home finally and the kids played. Randa left back to Nevada. Lee Joe and Kelsea went to see Amber working at the frozen yogurt place she is working at now. While they were gone they missed a classic sick kid moment. Little Zach ran up the stairs to tell us he was going to Throw up. And he did a little. Then he did a bunch and some more and more. I think that little guy had a gallon in him. It was a 4 towel job. Devanie and I did our best not to repeat what he just did trying to clean the floor and him up. Then he felt better. We gave him a bowl. The next day before bed he wanted another bowl. He didn't throw up but he stood in it then crouched down and said it was his egg and he was a birdie and the bowl went everywhere with him. He slept with it too. I think that blue bowl gave him comfort like a blanket. I felt bad because she was able to stay 2 more days but we all had to go to school. Lee Joe had to go back to work. But Autumn stayed home those 2 days. Devanie helped me out so much by being there and the kids got some time with at least one cousin during the day. I would have let Hannah stay but she has missed several days already and she is the only one who hasn't gotten this particular crud yet. Hopefully she doesn't but is she does there are more missed days to come. I REALLY REALLY hope Devanie and her kids didn't bring it home with them. Thanks for coming Dev!! Sorry it wasn't something more exciting.

I suppose the most exciting about the week is that I got a hircut yesterday. It was really long again and now it is above my shoulders. All the kids at the school were so cute. "you got your haircut! I really like it!" I heard that a lot. ANd the sdults were complimenting me too. But my husband made a face when he saw me and said "It's too short." He has never learned tact. Oh well.

1 comment:

Janika said...

It is after Kelsea's birthday and I am finally reading this post. Man, I am behind!