Sunday, February 08, 2009

Surprise Party

I couldn't say a word and it was planned so quickly, but we threw a surprise party for Amber. Her boyfriend's mom offered to do it and to do it at their house-I didn't have to clean. The only glitch in this weekend was that the Special Olympics had their opening ceremony on Amber's birthday and a lot of her friends volunteered for that so they were either unavailable or exhausted by party time. We had our traditional family get together and then the boyfriend, and her great friend and her boyfriend came over for a bit. They were "going to a movie" then they put a blindfold in her and drove all over the place before they came to his house. We were there with the friends that were able to come. She was carried in and deposited on the floor. All the stuff over her head was removed and we yelled surprise of course and threw balloons at her. She sat their open mouthed for a long time. It was funny. Autumn videoed it so if I can figure out how to post a video I will. She said that she did not know where she was. She realized there were people in the room. Then she realized they were people she knew-AWESOME.

So my baby is officially 18. We are in mourning. But it turned out to be a great birthday.

We had 2 games this weekend and both were lost. One was by 4 points and the other by 2.

Kelsea still is recovering. She wears out really easily and still has coughing fits. It is going to be a long recovery for her. The thing about Kelsea's grades is she got sick at the beginning of 3rd quarter so nothing has been turned in which amounts to F's but the teachers are going to be working with her to help her get back on track and I have someone lined out to tutor her in Math.

I am up this late because I watched the Masterpiece Theatre version of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Auston with Kelsea. I just LOVED it. Oh my gosh. It is a very well done version as well.

Well, I still have to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I was Chatting with Amber on Facebook Saturday Morning and told her I had a surprised party planned for her here at my house, but I would be really surprised if she showed up. Right then I was going to call her and yell "Surprise!" with Mike and sing Happy Birthday, but I blanked out on your phone number that I have had memorized for years. AGH! I just remembered it. The 323 is what had me blocked. The rest just flows after.