Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trying to be less pessimistic

I think I really a lot better at pessimism than optimism. I do recognize that. I try to work on it. But if you ask me if I like my job-sometimes. It's not my favorite. I have benefits. I get to have vacation with my kids. I get paid like a teacher, all year. Ok. But I don't like being outside so much. It has been so cold all week long. I don't like wondering if the cars are going to decide to stop so I can get kids across the street. The days are always unpredictable. Sometimes that's a good thing. Sometimes, not so much. Yesterday a couple of 4th grade boys had a calendar that was NOT appropriate. The teacher showed me what she found. Caught me off guard. It became quite humorous. We had to keep kids off the playgound equipment because it had ice all over it from the fog. You try to keep 500 kids off playground equipment for almost 2 hours. How mean. Today seemed to be kindness day. A girl that is known for her little mean streak was really kind to a special needs girl today and played tetherball with her all recess. Another girl fell on the playground and one of our down syndrome girls gave her a kiss on her hand and put it on her hurt and then they walked off with their arms around each other. It was nice to have a day like that instead of tattletale day. Anyways, doing this is tough. I knew it would be. I had 2 sick kids so far this week. They both missed Tuesday-we sent 7 kids home sick at the school on Tuesday. Hannah went back Weds but Kylee has been home all week with a sore throat. It was worse today. I was concerned about strep. That was negative. So of course it is viral. She has been home on her own but I have been there for my lunch and Amber and Kelsea have half days for finals this week.
I really don't have time to blog. We have to coach basketball practice in a few minutes. So off I am in the world of perpetual busy that I do not thrive in like some people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an awesome Mom and an amazing multi-tasker!

Love you,

Liss

Anonymous said...

What's the point, everything sucks and never will get better. I'm considering off-ing myself or someone else here soon. Keep up the good Pessimism! ;-)

Janika said...

Thomas is a crack up. I like your job. It gives you lots to blog about. Remember, too that you started this job in WINTER. Maybe it will be even easier to be optimistic in the spring. But maybe that will make it harder to come up with things to post about.