Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kylee is still sick

Kylee has been sick for about a week. She was out of school starting Tuesday and out all week. She started with a sore throat that has gotten worse and worse. We took her to the doctor on Thursday and of course they say it is a virus. Then on Friday she starts running a fever. On Saturday her chest hurts and she coughs when she breathes in. She might be a smidgen better today but she is still running a fever. I am wondering how much longer this thing will last. We got a call at 8:30 this morning telling us the 2 day strep culture came back positive. Of course the 2nd day would have been Saturday so the poor kid has had to suffer through the weekend. Amber might have it now too.

This past week totally kicked my butt. I did not see the inside of house but for a few minutes each day except to eat and sleep. I am so glad for this 3 day weekend. I can tell this week has been hard on Hannah. She was sick on Tuesday with Kylee. Lee Joe was here during parts of the day while I worked. But the rest of the week was so busy. She has been asking to sleep with me at night. I told her I would spend some time with her. On Friday I guess I said I would but the week has had a mind of it's own and I spent another 4 hour evening watching basketball again. The kids were there and Lee Joe was too but that didn't count so Saturday I spent some time with just playing and drawing on her back with an unsharpened pencil and comb. She drew on mine and brushed my hair. It is really long again. So I got some time with her. I sat with Amber talking to her too. She had a rough moment so we had some bonding time on the couch as well. She laid on me and I stroked her head and we talked. I asked questions and she said I don't know to most of them. It was nice to have some time with the girls that needed me and at least recover from a crazy week.

1 comment:

The Woodward Family said...

If Amber gets it too, you should demand the doctor put the whole family on meds!