Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quote of the day

I want to write a book called "They call me Duty, Tales from the Playground"

Today was a classic. This cute 2nd grader in Hannah's class was in the nurses office. She had stepped out to warm up her lunch. I asked him if he was sick because he was next to a trash can. He said no. Then he stood up and I could see he had an accident. I asked him if he had and he tells me this story. "I was playing with my friends. he pushed me and I fell in some slush and started sliding." There hasn't been any slush for a long time. "So I fell and was sliding in the slush and I kept going and it stinks. I slid into the grass and got some grass sweat on me. The grass sweat just stinks." Ok I say back as I stifle my smile and a laugh as I try to find the boy a pair of pants.

A few days ago we were trying to find a little boys coat that a little girl ran off with. I said "Does Bailey have it?" one of them says "Who is Bailey?" and the other boy says "You know that girl that was new a long time ago?"

Kids are so good for a laugh.

Sick update-Kylee has missed 7 days of school as of today. If you count the 3 day weekend then she has been really sick for 10. Amber does not sound like anyone I know. She was running a fever last night and is asking me if she can go to school tomorrow. Kelsea has that crud now. She is in the beginning of the sore throat. Autumn went back today-YAY-we will see if the two littlest can escape this nasty stuff. I am surrounded by sick people everywhere and becoming more and more afraid. So far I have escaped it-so far. It is a couple hours later. This last sentence just bit me. I feel a flu coming on. I do not feel well anymore.

1 comment:

Janika said...

I remember LeeJoe seemed to get all the long term illnesses and miss extended periods of school: mono, pneumonia, etc. Hang in there.