Monday, January 05, 2009

It's COLD outside

We actually got the snow the news said we would get. When they said we would get it too. But they said it would turn to rain later-It did not do that. In places it was about 4 inches. I spent much of the day out in the snow at the school. No inside recess. My feet are still cold. I am so tired too. I woke up at 4 from the headache I had all afternoon yesterday and the smoke alarm was beeping from the battery dying. How come it doesn't start doing that while everyone is awake? So I looked at the snow, pulled out the battery and took medicine at 4. Never fell back asleep. I was debating and debating calling in a sub. I was sort of hoping for a snow day but there wasn't enough snow. My headache finally left around 1 today. I came home and had chicken noodle soup. But I need to warm up my feet still. Not much happening tonight--I should stop rambling. I do that too much when I am tired. Better make dinner and do all the things I couldn't do yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There must be a smoke alarm conspiracy I had the same issue this morning although mine didn't go silent after changing the battery. I get to figure out what is wrong with it.

The Woodward Family said...

I think you should take a nice hot bath to not only warm up, but to let the steam help your sinuses. Plus they just feel so good!

Janika said...

Amen about the smoke detector batteries. It's ridiculous.