Saturday, July 05, 2008

Well

We got wet on Thursday. I think it hit 103. It was nice to be someplace wet. My sister and I visited all day while the kids did their thing all together. I love that my kids get along so well when we do these things. We sunscreened everyone so well we had some really minor sunburn spots on some if us. Nothing painful. One year I sunscreened the kids not so well. One of the girls had bad sunburn under their eyes and on the sides of their nose. We also didn't do it often enough. But we did great this year.

The 4th was uneventful for the most part for me. But Lee Joe and Amber and 2 of her friends "rafted" the Boise river on a giant inner tube. They had 5 people on the tube. They had a nice float. We cleaned some house and recovered from our long day at the waterpark. Later Lee Joe took the 5 girls and my niece down the greenbelt on bikes to the park where they were launching fireworks. My sister and her husband and I dropped off the 2 youngest and their bikes at the greenbelt and then watched the fireworks at a less busy location-at the mall. One other truck was there and he even remembers the Boise River Festival days of watching there. So we had a great far away view and didn't hit any traffic on the way out. We picked up the two youngest once they got back to where we dropped them off and after that was a little firework launching since it was already midnight. Nobody got to bed until after one. My niece stayed the night and the 4 little girls have played together all day long. I have not done anything worthwhile today. Tonight the rest of the fireworks are getting lit off. Tomorrow we are having our big guy birthday party get together. So there is our rundown of the past few days. I did not take one picture. Shame on me.

The weather the last two days has been perfect summer weather but it won't last. It was only a high of 90 today.

We are getting in a monster batch of raspberries right now. Everyone can envy us.
But don't envy me for being the mom of teenagers. We had a little teenage drama yesterday as well.

No comments: