Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the pics


Over 100 drum majors from the northwest. Can you see Amber?

They were a lot of fun to watch in that big group.
A clean bedroom floor and new play area-Look you can walk through these two spaces. Of course they don't look quite like that today.
Our hung up bikes-more for Lee Joe to see. The well packed moving van. A lot of the high stuff like the chairs got a rope tied around them. Just enough room left for bikes and a lawn mower. David padded the aquarium before they left. I inherited all their fish-minus the two that jumped the bucket and committed suicide. I need to take some to the fish store because our tank has too many fish with theirs. I lost my giant snail yesterday. How do you know when a giant snail is sick? It is just dead now. That was before the new fish arrived.
Today I went to the piano teacher's house with all the kids and we swept their walk way and back patio. Cleaned up all the pine cones under their 4 pine trees and I trimmed the trees some. Lee Joe was suppose to do that someday but he is not here to do it so I did what I could and with a bunch of complaining and squealing girls(at spiders and ear wigs) we filled up about 8 bags I have some small logs for firewood I guess. Ice cream cones when we were done was their reward. I am still very very tired.
And Lee Joe's update is he is working almost 10 hours a day. He is sharing a room with 3 other guys-maybe 4 now. He is in Westmorland Ca. It is mostly desert and palm trees. He is looking into a gold mine there. He went to a ward there and someone told him something about it and is going to get him an application so he can find out if it is worth trying for. He is going to see what kind of opportunity that might be but he doesn't like it there and if he were to work there it would have to be great pay so he can come home and visit. We are having a hard time keeping in touch by phone. It is a very complicated situation but I have set him up with an e-mail account and he can access our blogs so that might ease some pressure off our phone usage at least until we can get a better thing going.

2 comments:

Janika said...

I am motivated the same way to get stuff done when my husband is gone. Looks good!

Janika said...

Now that I have read all the other blogs you did while I was in Missouri I feel so bad that you have been the only one so involved in the blogosphere. Melissa should take the opportunity of being away to get her own blog and get active in it. Which reminds me, you haven't got a link list of blogs on your sidebar. Play around in the layout tab from your dashboard.