Monday, July 28, 2008

Trips are fun but home is nice

So here is the verbage that should precede the pictures but if I get really on the ball this will be behind the pictures.

We wanted to leave around noon on Friday. My mom's health is still not great so she moves at a turtles pace. We sat around ready for the longest time. We left after 3. At least we gain an hour on the way. We stopped a lot for my mom. Amber drove for my mom about a couple hours into the trip. My mom insisted on bringing her car even though we had room for her. We got to our Lodge at about 10 that night. It was a nice place to stay. Saturday was almost a waste. My mom waited to call my aunt, I don't know why and she tried to give me the phone to call. She gets weird sometimes. I told her to call and then she waited even longer and when she did everyone at my aunts was gone and she was going to get us in an hour. It was longer than that and I could have thrown some kids in the pool. And once we made it to the house everyone was working on getting ready for the wedding because it was that close. It was the first time we had seen this house because they just built it. I mean my uncle and aunt built it. But everyone came back from shooting and shopping and I met my Aunt Lynda again who I knew from 12-16 in Alaska and met my grown up cousins I played with back then. Get these different names-Questa, Alita and Siena. They are the sweetest young ladies and my aunt is very irritated with them because none of her 5 children have had any children yet. Her oldest Amanda(who was not there) is close to my age and Questa and Alita are around Melissa's age and their son Barton(not there either) is just days younger than Matt. Siena is in her last year at college. A few brief introductions as their frenzy began and then we had to leave ourselves to get dressed.

The wedding was at a remote lodge in the mountains. It was outdoors next to the river. My cousin that got married is a Navy Seal so he was in uniform and so was 3 of his 4 groomsmen. It was a beautiful setting I got a wonderful seat for picture taking. They had a nice dinner. Needless to say it was not and LDS wedding. There was lots of wine and champagne and beer. So it became quite a party later on but Kylee caught the bouquet. They had a DJ and most of my girls danced and my cousins danced with my girls and they all enjoyed the girls a lot. I have another cousin Brandy that I met a couple of years ago when we went up to Washington the first time. She likes her wine and the more she has the louder and louder she gets. She has the shyest most softspoken husband you would ever meet. It is so funny. She told everyone he was a trained dancer. His mom was a dance teacher and he has had dance lessons from 5 to 21. My cousins wanted him to dance he just chewed the side of his finger and shook his head. It was the most remarkable thing you could learn about him. The wedding was great and then kind of rowdy. We left when it was getting to be enough of it for us. The funniest thing I have ever heard Kelsea say was that she was "comtemplating" "falling" in the river so that the Navy Seals could rescue her. She said "you know it would be good training for them" So that was the running joke for her and Amber for the night. "Are you ready to fall in the river" So there was no falling in the river but we heard Sunday that one of my cousins buddies fell off the roof of the lodge. Now only a drunk person could do that. Sheesh.

Sunday we went back to my Aunt and Uncles house. My cousin and his new wife came back and hung out then packed their bags so they could go to their honeymoon the Bahamas. My uncle was even jealous of sending them there. We were suppose to leave that afternoon. I got really tired about the time to leave. My uncle told me he wanted us to stay and everyone was going to just chill. My mom had work on Monday but she sounded like she wanted to stay so we stayed and since many of the people that were at their house were gone there was room for us. 3 girls and I stayed in their RV. My mom and the 2 oldest stayed in the house. My cousin Tracy gave me swimsuit and we got in their hot tub. That was nice. We had great food and visited more with my cousins and aunts and uncle. We left after breakfast and are finally home this evening. It was interesting because my mom made it sound like I booted her from driving her car-I did not. But after Amber started driving on Friday she drove my mom everywhere her car went. Amber drove her all the way home too. My mom got on my nerves a little bit so I suppose her own car was a good idea because it was not that bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take it from me, non LDS weddings are way more fun (for me).