Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Life with a Lay

Do you ever feel upon occasion that you might be tumbling inside a dryer? When it comes to income and my husband's manner of making decisions and info from people he knows well and other little journeys. We are in something on the inside of a dryer. He was going to go to Seattle to help my uncle with his driveway for a week and then the California job showed up. And then there was an ad in town for an Excavating Supervisor in town. He talked to the guy months ago about the same position. He is set to go to Southern California for a really great paying job offered to him and today he got information on a job in Portland (6 hours away) that pays twice as much as the California job. It was info passed on from one person to another to another. So NOW he is waiting to hear from the guy with the Portland job to see if he can get that. If not the California job is still set to go. I am in dysfunction sitting here trying to get his laundry done so he can leave who knows what day and in what direction but I suppose this is a nice problem to have if it means being able to provide well for us for at least a few months because that is as long as these jobs last but maybe they will bring more opportunities. That is what living with my husband has been like for years and years now. It is not good for me though because I prefer consistency and he is consistently inconsistent. Now I can't say that word anymore because it just sounds wrong in my head. So anyway we tumble on.

2 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Yuck! Hope all works out.

Unknown said...

FUNNY that's what my Hubby thinks of me. . .consistantly inconsistant. . .so inconsistant that it's predictable.