Sunday, July 20, 2008

the bumpy road

So here is when things get bumpy. I miss my husband. I miss my sister. So I am OK then I am not OK. I couldn't get a hold of Lee Joe until pretty late yesterday and didn't talk to long. And then today he had to cut things short and missed talking to two of the girls and didn't call back. Hannah has been missing her dad and as a result has had 2 meltdowns. The 2nd one was in the middle of night and I already couldn't sleep. I am pretty sure the full moon is doing it's job. And then she was in bed with me and that child is the most restless sleeper and needless to say there was very little sleeping going on and a lot of tossing and turning. My niece went to church with us for first time so there was no getting out of going even though it was a nice idea. I did get a nap to make up for it today and I actually made a real dinner.

My sister got to Texas with all of David''s family out of town at a Purina convention is Boston. And their house they were going to rent was far from ready. But it sounds like it was not a good place to live really so another house in town was on the market. They managed to get out of the lease they signed on the other house and get most of their money back so they can live in the new house but with no utilities turned on over the weekend they have to wait to actually settle in. But they have a nicer house now.

Lee Joe will be getting more hours this next week making the trip down there a little more worth it. He was concerned this week that he wasn't getting enough hours but I guess that changes with their location this next week.

I am done kidsitting. I have super cleaned our living room on Saturday. The oldest 2 went and saw the 2nd Chronicles of Narnia movie. They really liked it. I think Kelsea loved it. She wants to see it again and now she finally wants to read the books which I have from when I was a teenager.

We are going to Washington for a wedding next weekend and I just found out tonight that I have a parking light out on one side of the car and a headlight out on the other. And the blinker that is tempermental when it decides to work is hyperactive. I guess I need to get that fixed before Friday. At least I will be busy this week so maybe I won't be to bothered by everything. We have appointments and a trip to get ready for. I am going with my mom but I am hoping she doesn't back out at the last minute and I am hoping if she goes she won't be difficult. I wish I had something funny to say but I am still a little to down to be funny.

4 comments:

Janika said...

It is really rough the first time you do extended separations, but you settle into a routine and get used to whatever has to be done. Hang in there.

The Woodward Family said...

You're in my thoughts. Hang in there. I've never had to be seperated from J for a long time, I can only imagine how hard it must be. Hopefully you can keep busy without overdoing it to keep your mind busy as well...

Kim and family said...

We have been apart before. A few years ago he fought fires and was gone for who knew how long. And when we moved here we were apart for a month. I think it is my sister leaving too that is making it harder. I don't like when people leave me anyway.

I spent all that time cleaning and it sure doesn't look like it already.

The Woodward Family said...

Children and pets are very good at going from room to room right behind you, undoing everything you've done.