Monday, July 14, 2008

busy busy busy

I have found ways to fill my time in Lee Joe's absence. I have not stopped since he left. I do have pictures to post and Lee Joe is now a reader of my blog. So this will be a good way to keep him up to date.

I have found a place to hang all the bikes for the summer. I have created a playroom for the girls-that was a big job. You couldn't walk through that part of the garage a little over a month ago. We have cleaned Autumn and Hannah's room and put away clothes that we had in laundry baskets in my room for way to long. I have super cleaned the family room. Washed all the base boards, windowsills and floors and shampooed the carpet and put all toys in there in the playroom.

I spent the better part of the past two days loading Melissa's moving truck, directing the guys and cleaning her house. I have very good spatial skills when it comes to packing a truck. It was like playing tetris with boxes. Since I am an oldest child I am really good at being bossy and taking charge around my people that are related to me. They were really OK with my bossiness. And since all our men around here are afflicted with a form of ADD-my brother and David were medicated as children. I used my experience of keeping them focused "we need the washer and dryer" mentioned 10 times. "We need the sofa" 15 times "now we need the freezer" 8 times. It got done and mostly loaded before I left. The next day there is still little stuff all over. I pulled all the little stuff out of the garage. I showed David we can put stuff in the rabbit hutch and we get real creative getting all the little odds and ends in the truck. It couldn't have fit their stuff more perfectly. My kids helped clean until one by one they hid in the closet under the stairs either to avoid work(Amber and Kelsea) or just because it is a cool closet(the rest of them). I buffered the conflict between my mom and David. My mom can create conflict for no reason. She was annoyed with him and it was all very silly. I came and she felt she could leave once I got there I guess. So now I am realizing how tired and rambly I am but needless to say by tomorrow I will probably feel really lonely because my sister will be gone and we are so comfortable around each other and I will feel pretty alone at that point. My mom is to off her rocker to compensate. Now she has more fuel to her fire to complain about David for a long time. I am the only one that will be here to hear it besides my brother and he doesn't listen to it. I got some fantastically large and colorful bruises on one of my legs for all my hardwork.

When I picked up the little girl we have been taking turns watching from my friend last night, she offered her piano music to Amber to borrow. Amber came home with tons of music and has been playing piano when she gets near it and some of the pieces are just beautiful. Amber loves to play church music and there is this gigantic binder full of different arrangements of hymns and they are beautiful. She is having her first week of summer this week.

No comments: