Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beautiful day!

So we had the nasty storm early in the day yesterday. No tornadoes are awful damage. My neighbors new gazebo blew over. Mine is in a really protected area so it has never done that. Today is beautiful! It is in the low 90s and will be tomorrow too.

Happy news of the day-3 kids went to dentist. No cavities! And they were told not to brush their teeth so vigorously. That's a switch. On the way home I wanted to go to this new store next to Kohls called Joe's a sporting goods store because I wanted to see if that had some really cute flip flops in my size that were on sale. Coolest thing EVER for me. NEVER happens! They had only 2 pairs left and the first one and only pair I thought they had at first was MY SIZE. Size 11 are really hard to find in shoes that I like. Most of the time I look forlornly at shoes because they are rarely a size I can wear or if they are they don't fit right because my feet are ridiculously wide as well. So that was nearly a retail miracle. That made my day.

What didn't make my day was going to the car shop to fix the retarded blinker and my burned out bulbs in the car. I went late in the day and they want to keep the car overnight. I am carless. I hate being carless. But I realized I would be fine if they got it done early enough tomorrow. I can still get ready for the trip. I will survive and the church is an easy bike ride away for activity days and YW today. It is not the end of the world. I am slow at switching gears though-not car gears ,just rerouting myself to the unexpected.

I finished my first Jane Austen book Persuasion. I liked it. I am going to read Sense and Sensibilty next. I am still plugging at the dejunking the junk piles with my errand running and appointments.

Lee Joe put in an 18 hour day yesterday. Man he is a work-a-holic but he is trying to make his time really worth it down there. It is like 110 degrees with humidity and some nasty big biting horseflies.

My sister is having a little bit of difficulty adjusting to being away from everyone again. She got really sick from the heat when they moved into their new place. David is happy as can be though. He knows the whole town almost.

1 comment:

Janika said...

The weather is going to get ugly hot here. I imagine Melissa will be having a worse time of it in the south part of the state.