Monday, June 25, 2007

What a Sunday

It kind of turned into a strange evening. I talked to my sister and she told me she heard that a mom of one of Kylee's classmates died last week. She would sub at the school sometimes and I have talked to her. Her son has had a crush on Kylee for the last 3 years. It is just the saddest thing. She had been sick for a few days, then she started coughing up blood and went to the ER and I guess she died. Her youngest son is about to start 2nd grade. That has been mulling in my head all night. I checked the paper and her obituary was in there today. It is very sad. She had 5 kids. The oldest was 17.

Then we had this crazy dog problem. I don't like pit bulls. There were 2 in our yard at about 5. I told Lee Joe and then he caught them both. I called the Humane Society and we had a half an hour to get them there. But then Lee Joe left in the van to Home teach leaving us with the unfamiliar dogs in the front yard on ropes. They were barking at the neighbors, then just barking and wrestling with each other. One was a puppy. It was getting later with no one claiming the dogs and then finally at 8:30 Lee Joe took one of them for a walk and the owners found him and got the other dog. I so didn't want to deal with the dogs all night. I was tempted to let them loose if they weren't claimed soon. So we did our good deed for the day.

No comments: