Saturday, June 09, 2007

Crazy

The last week of school is always crazy. More so with a high schooler and a jr high kid that can't walk home. They don't all get out at the same time. Some days Amber would get out at 11:40 and Kelsea out at 1:15 and the little girls out at 3:15. Then the last day was 10am for Amber, 12 for Kelsea and 1:15 for the little girls. What made the last day even more interesting was having to take Kelsea and Autumn to the ortho doctor at 8 am. Good news there. Kelsea has break that heals easily. She can bear weight on it now, is off crutches and in a couple of weeks we can get her out of the boot and into a lace up ankle brace. She can swim now and in a couple weeks she will be able to run some. Autumn is out of the splint and sling and in a wrist brace when she is playing. She bewildered the ortho doctors too. I have been trying to adjust our June activities around Kelsea's ankle. I had to change the girls summer school classes because she wasn't going to be able to do summer school PE 3 hours a day quite yet. And Amber didn't want to do PE alone. So they are both doing Tech reading and writing instead. Kylee is doing beginning band in summer music and she is playing Trombone.

I have been so worn out all week and had a "take care of mom moment" that turned almost into a "bad mommy moment". I was so tired Weds. I needed a half hour of some mom time out. I told the girls to not disturb me for that time. What we all forgot was that it was Weds and 7. The girls needed to go to the church. Just after 7 one of the girls knocked at the door. I told them not to bug me so Amber and Kelsea on crutches, walked and crutched their way down to the church. I didn't remember until almost 8 that it was Weds after I asked where Kelsea was. But she survived so all is well.

Friday turned into some nuttiness. I told Amber I would take her and friends to see Pirates 3. And I told her it would be nice if Kelsea and her friends could go too. Amber and her buddies changed the time they were going 7 times. But Kelsea had to wait until after one so her friend could go. So in the end Amber and her friends went at one. I picked up 3 girls and Amber. And Kelsea went at 5 with 2 friends. I told her to find a ride there and I would get them home. Then Lee Joe and I went to see it at almost 10. Its a long movie. We got home after 1am. It was good. It could have been better. It was long. I was sad about how it ended but I guess it needed to end that way.

I spent almost the entire day running around. I took the little girls to a book fair in the morning and took them to the Y in the afternoon since it was too chilly to swim outdoors. I met my sister there and we visited while the kids swam.

Today was nice. I told the girls we were staying home. Amber and Kelsea made $25 each helping a lady a few houses down the street get ready for an open house. Kylee is pet sitting for the neighbor behind us. I yard worked all day and harvested a bowl of strawberries and bought a bunch of flowers for my flower beds since I can finally plant something. I am getting ready for our kitchen to get more work done on Monday. Lee Joe is working. Amber and Kelsea are at parties this evening. Guess what, I am still tired.

The good news I have so far on grades-Kylee got straight A's. At the awards assembly, she got an honor roll award and student of the month. Autumn had A's and B's. Amber may have pulled off straight A's as well which was a tough thing to do this year. And Kelsea did well but her grades are all over the place. She tries pretty hard most of the time and she has been in a program that challenges her a lot this year. I will see her report card once they mail it to me. We will be fine with whatever she gets.

4 comments:

Janika said...

I thought you said it was going to wind down. I think it will--after Hannah's graduation. No, by then Amber and Kelsey will be coming by regularly to have you babysit the grandkids. I guess, enjoy each degree of hectic for what it offeres.

Kim and family said...

I have been coming to the same conclusion. But we will see how things change with a drivers license. Of course Amber has her own interpretation. But mine is reality based.

Janika said...

I think you and I are the only bloggers who exist right now. I think deviane has a ghost poster because she is not saying anything or commenting anywhere.

Unknown said...

I am here and I do read the blogs. I'm having a hard time getting more than 5 minutes to sit at the computer with a newborn, and a family of 6 to attend. But anytime I get a moment I RUN for my computer - or the Shower =) I read almost daily and sometimes leave feeling as though I learned nothing new because there is a lull in posts from everyone. and some days I get a little out of each day. And sometimes I just don't have anything to say. yes. . .sometimes I am quiet.