Tuesday, June 12, 2007

kitchen and other misc

I should have pictures of progress on the kitchen tonight. It didn't look much different after yesterday but today it will. I still have walls to clean up some more. I wore myself out yesterday. I stayed up till 2am Sunday night getting ready. Was up at 7:30 to get Kylee and the neighbor girl to band and then did all sorts of stuff I have been needing to do. I got my sandbox covers fixed and sanded and painted a low loft bed that will be Hannah's and then Kylee's when we do the room switch later this summer. It is pink because I had pink paint from something else. I need to hunt down a mattress. I am painting the rest of it today and hope to plant flowers.

We have been harvesting a few things from our garden already. We have had broccoli. The kids love it, I don't. And we have romaine lettuce! It is good. I brought in a whole bowl of strawberries. And the first raspberries have been eaten. We should have a bumper crop even after I had to remove most of the wood this spring. And Lee Joe thought I hacked them all. We have a carrot from last year that didn't get picked and survived the winter. It has turned into a flowering wierd thing.

Amber and Kelsea started summer school today. All the girls that have nintendo hand held games got a game yesterday for good grades and money earned working for Lee Joe. It has been very quiet the last 2 days. You can't even tell there are kids home. Autumn has read 3 hours already.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Was here.

Maryanne said...

I thought that it was supposed to be summer vacation? My crop is not doing so well my dog stepped all over my cucumbers vines that is not how you spell it but it was a nice try. I will be supprised if I get any and most of my corn has tassels at 1 to 2 feet. Not a good sigh. The potatos are doing good.

Janika said...

Maryanne, you could pick your midget corn and put it in your asian dishes. My garden--uh--I have some bloomin gladiolus bulbs. Not much else. Congratulations Kim.