Thursday, June 21, 2007

Funny-sort of

I have this neighbor who lives across the street. She is very nice so I don't mean anything mean by this. I think I have figured why she is like she is. But she is somewhat a dependant person. I came home from Costco yesterday. I was grumpy as heck though. It has been 90 something degrees and I have been driving too much this week. She saw me and asked if I had a minute. That was about all I had and I hadn't even brought my groceries in yet. She wants to show me a little bird she found dead in her back yard. She says "its eyes are closed and it hasn't been dead long" I said "That happens" "I don't know how it got there" "Maybe a cat got it and it flew in your yard and died, birds are fragile" "what kind of bird is it" "I don't know" "is it a baby" I don't know" Really I don't know why she needed me to see the bird or if she needed reassurance. She did all she could. She called someone to see if they needed to test it for West Nile but they aren't testing them anymore. So pretty much I told her -its dead, I don't know why and I don't know much else either. I have come to the conclusion that she is a youngest child in her family so maybe that means she requires a lot of reassurance from her neighbors. I am the oldest child so maybe my nature is the reassuring that she needs. I think she calls or comes over every day. She is close to my age and her girls are 11 and 8. I can't believe it-I found someone who worries much more than I do.

No comments: